1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

external pioneer dvr 109

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by bear3561, Mar 26, 2005.

1. bear3561

bear3561 Member

Help
    I know that is a pretty broad question but here is the real problem. I really am a newbie at this I have plugged the usb cable in and the computer has found a dvd-r pioneer dvr 109 and thats it. I can not get it to read blank + or - or any disks at all. I realise this is really a broad question but what have I done wrong.

2. migs2004

migs2004 Member

Hi bear, I actually have the same problem. I just bought a pioneer a09 and a IDE-USB adapter. the A09 cannot read blank DVD media too, but I tested the drive at the shop before I bought it, and it read DVD media. Must be a compatibility problem witht he drive (could be a million things, from windows os, to USB-IDE adapter to drive firmware. Can you confirm if the drive will read blank DVD media if connected to a onboard IDE controller? I'll also post an update when I get to check my drive on my PC tomorrow.

3. bear3561

bear3561 Member

Hi Migs2004,
    The drive did not read any blank media at all and rarely read a hired dvd from the video shop. Anyway problem is solved I just converted it back to an internal drive and have no problems. Can only assume there was a conflict with usbs somewhere.
    Thanks for the reply.