1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

extra drives in my computer

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by manc123, Jul 2, 2005.

1. manc123

manc123 Member

part of my earlier question regarding nero burn failure. ive noticed i have one burner and four drives in my computer. when i should have only one burner and one dvd drive. i did have demon tools, and alcohol 120 corporate which i have now uninstalled both as i kept getting the message trial period ended when i click the drives that shouldnt be there.the only burn software im using now is nero but i cant get rid of those extra drives. i dont know if this is the right forum or not (if not i appologise) but this was the only suitable forum i could see. please can any one help??

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

use nero info tool and take a snapshot and post it here!

[​IMG]

3. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I am no newb...but I have the same problem...its not really a problem but it is odd. I have 2 ide dvd drive one ide 2...one is a burner a lite on and a generic 16x dvd reader. Then it see my hard drive... a generic 40 gig..then it says i have a scsi drive??? Weird.. I do have alc 120 and deamon tools maybe that is why....???

4. peanuts2

peanuts2 Regular member

Daemon tool and alcohol make virtual drives on your computer.So if they are still there then, if it we me I would go to the device manager and uninstall all optical drives and reboot the computer and let the computer redetect the drives inside the computer.

5. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

OK makes sense now. Why do they create virtual drives? For burning image files???

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

nero has a virtual drive i use it for loading dvd movie iso files so i can test play and watch the film without putting it on dvdr first! it thinks its a drive with a disc loaded! play games from iso too.

do you have via hyperion drivers loaded? as this makes scsi interface via device manager

7. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I do have the via hyperion drivers loaded!