1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

extract from un-finalized disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kcpopps, Oct 31, 2004.

1. kcpopps

kcpopps Member

I have a Cyberhome Standalone DVD recorder that has been getting less and less reliable every time I use it. Lots of problems. Last 2 times I have used it it doesn't want to finalize the disc. Just says "error" and refuses to read it's own disk.

So there are no copy protection issues involved. This is stuff I recorded from broadcast TV. The disc has just not been finalized.

I'm trying to extract the files and reburn to a new disc. I'm using isobuster. isobuster finds 7 tracks on the disc and extracts them to my hard drive, naming them with the .tao extension.

I can't figure out what to do next. isobuster says it will create a .cue file for burning - but it does not in this case. The create cue file options are all greyed out.

I have Alchohol 120% - I planned to use that to burn - but I can never get these files prepared where it can use them.

If anyone can offer some help, I'd be grateful - thanks.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  2. kcpopps

kcpopps Member

a bump for help!

an update - I have extracted the files which isobuster added .tao extensions to. I copied and renamed a couple of those to .mpg. Most of my video software still won't play them - but I have a file convertor that sees them. I thought I'd just change them to avi's and re-author the whole thing. Looks good for the first hour or so but then it always gets hung up and leaves me with nothing.

Am I just out of luck? Is there any way to rescue these files?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004