1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extract roms from gc iso compiled by wiiemus

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Aguess7, May 9, 2007.

1. Aguess7

Aguess7 Member

I have a wiiemu.iso file that was compiled with roms for several different emulators, and i would like to go back and extract the individual rom files from it, is this possible?

The iso was made using the utilities in wiiemus, which includes mkisofs.exe to make the individual iso for each individual emulator, and make-multiv3.exe that combines all the emulator isos into one multigame iso.

I am running this on a wii and i don't have access to the original roms. How can i extract the rom files from the iso? I've tried mounting it in a windows alcohol virtual drive, magiciso, MacOSX command console, and several other things that i can't think of at the moment. Nothing so far has given me anything more than the bootldr.dol, boot.catalog, and mfe-fs.bz2 files in what i am assuming is the root of the DVD image.

What can i do to get to those roms out of the iso image?
    Does this have something to do with the rock ridge fs that mkisofs uses when it creates the individual isos?
    I haven't even been able to break up the multigame iso into its original single emulator isos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Wii or GC discussion. :)

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. naddel

naddel Member

I'd like to know that, too.

There seems to be some GCMtool for that, but I can't find a WinXP executable :(

Please help me. ---> nadbohr@hotmail.de