1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EXTRACT .Zix Files Easily

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Tholithem, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Tholithem

Tholithem Member

All you need to do is to download a piece of software called

PowerArchiver

it extract almost everything and what is good about it is that it does extract .zix files.

I hope this was helpful to everyone who has a problem with zix filess

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

*.Zix is a scam. If you download a file with this extension delete it immediately or have your PC turned into a spam zombie.

3. Tholithem

Tholithem Member

well i just downloaded a movie which was of .zix format and i decompressed it with PowerArchiver.... all i am saying is you can download .zix files and use powerarchiver to extract.

the mistake you are making is associating the compressed files with The program WinZix which is the the one that got a trojan in it.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Why not just download a file that is zipped with a legit format and use a free extraction tool like 7zip or the likes.

5. Tholithem

Tholithem Member

yes you are right there but what about people who already downloaded the files and are looking fr help in this site :) . i am also the one who faced problems after downloading the files.

i was unable to use winrar and when i checked the site i saw a line saying use winzix to extract and i downloadd it... when i tried to install it Avast 4.8 Pro reported the file as a trogan then that's where i tried PowerArchiver and it worked fine.

so this is for those people who don't want to waste their time downloading files and deleting them again, while there is a simple and safe way to extract and use.

The files themselves are virus free but the program WinZix is a virus do not download

Another reason why i downloaded those winzix compressed files is that they are on a site that contains many new (2008) movies that other sites don't have, ... so that is how i ended up downloading those files :)

I won't refer you to that site because i would be breaking the rulez... unless you really desperate i can try but i don't like to break rulez too much