1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

extracting a 'true' MPG from a SVCD image

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by aldaco12, Jun 16, 2004.

1. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I had a SVCD image (.BIN/.CUE) and I needed to tackle with its .MPG (i.e. converting NTSC->PAL,
    adding subtitles to the movie with Virtualdub, and so on). I used the subsection [bold](S)VCD Build/Rip[/bold] of the [bold]tools[/bold] menu of VCDEasy to disassemble my image, say VCD.bin.
    I obtained two files, named 'C:moviesavseq01.mpg' and 'C:moviesmy_name.xml'.
    When I tried to use TMPGenc to make a VCD or a SVCD (NTSC or PAL) the error message "C:moviesavseq01.mpg cannot open,
    or unsupported" and if open by VCDEasy ave the error "VCD1.1/VCD2.0 required MPEG1 files,
    not MPEG2 files".
    No error appeared if I choosed a SVCD 1.0 with VCDEasy.
    Then I used 'MPEG tools' of VCDEasy to "convert a MPEG file with Riff header (.DAT file) to
    'true' MPEG file". I loaded the file of the 'mounted' image with Alcohol, located in a virtual drive,
    say E:, loading the file "E:MPEG2AVSEQ01.MPG", converting it using Cdxa2mpeg, to
    a file named "C:moviesvideo.mpg" and even in this case:
    - opening the file wth VCDEasy gave an error only if I choosed a VCD and not a SVCD.
    - the file video.mpg couldn't be
    opened by TMPGenc, giving the same error "File C:moviesvideo,mpg cannot open,
    or unsupported" as before. In both cases, tryng to open the file with Virtualdub gave me the error
    "MPEG Impor filter: pack synchronization error". What can I do?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t understand what you are Trying to Do...
    The "AVSEQ01.MPG" file in the Bin file is a True Mpeg2 file which is used for Makeing SVCD"s NOT VCD"S...If you want to make a VCD out of this Mpeg file you will have to Re-Encode it which will just totally ruin the Quality ...Why can"t you just Make a SVCD out of it and leave it at that???
    If you want to re-encode the Mpeg2 file to Mpeg1 for VCD and ruin the Quality you will have to install a Mpeg2 decoder that is Compatible with Tmpgenc, Like this one:
    M2V-VFP
    http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.47.lzh
    Just extract the Zip file to the Same Folder that you have Tmpgenc Installed in and then Load the SVCD File into tmpgenc and then it whould Load the Mpeg2 file so you can re-encode it to Mpeg1 for VCD....

Cheers

3. Vegetto

Vegetto Member