1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extracting DOAXBV download into iso

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tankpower, Mar 31, 2005.

1. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

After downloading, I have 2 sets of winrar archive files, as well as some .r## files. I extracted each Archive set into a folder, and then tried to extract the iso by uses one of these 2 files.

At about 98%, it says "There is not enough space on disc. Write error: only NTFS file system supports files larger than 4 GB.

Did I screw up somewhere? How to I set this up?

(I own a now-useless copy of this game, btw)

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Your not gonna get much help seeing that you downloaded this game...

3. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

I own this game, I'm dead serious about that. I see plenty of topics about downloading games, apps, files, so don't get on your soap box just yet. I have a grand total of ZERO pirated games.

What about those gazillion God of War and Gran Turismo 4 posts? Are they ALL legit owners just frantic to BACK UP their games??? Ironically, I own both of those games, and they STILL WORK because they are fairly new. Not like DOAXBV, which I've had since release and have enjoyed tinkering with.

And what's with that "How to burn a downloaded game" thread right below this one? He's allowed to receive help but not me? It has like 8 posts on it.

Anyway, I'm not looking to be banned or anything, I have a legitimate question about extracting winrar files that are "too big" although my pc hd had plenty of space. I know the rules here very well, and I have broken no rules/laws with my actions.

I would truly appreciate help with this, as I've been struggling with it for several hours now.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

What you're getting is a very old and common "4gb limit" problem with FAT32
    You need to format your HDD on your PC in NTFS
    here's forum link to discussion on your problem
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum36/1733.htm

for the record, its much more fun to ftp PC to XBOX :)

5. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

Thanks,

I looked around and I'm kinda confused. It seems like I can convert my system to NTFS by using a "convert" command in dos.

Is this what you did, or what people need to do? I'm guessing that a 4 GB limit would hinder my ability to back up games.

6. BR7

BR7 Regular member

You don't need to format to change from FAT 32 to NTFS. You can use the convert command.

What OS are you using? XP Home?

Would be a good idea to run NTFS no matter what, not just for backup purposes. And will limit your ability to back up games as there are plenty of games over 4GB.

If you decide to format now or in the future, make sure you do use the NTFS file system.

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2005
  8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

tankpower, sorry to jump to conclusions like that, it was late and I was not in the greatest mood...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2005
  9. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

Thanks all, I've gotten it working like a charm.

Although ironically, the novelty of having nudie chicks frollicking about wore off after like 5 seconds. It's just cool to have figured this crap out. And yeah, I really did buy this game at full price originally (ouch!).

Anyway, I'm liking this site.

10. evnflow

evnflow Guest

Dumb Question!!!
    do you have to have windows xp or 2000 to go to the ntfs system...or can you do that command with 98/95?

11. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

If I remember right, I think that 95 and 98 do not support NTFS, but 98 SE and above OS's do. But don't quote me on that!

12. evnflow

evnflow Guest

thanx for the help i'll check it out...