1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extracting Subtitles?? Help please

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by pepsimaxx, Jan 31, 2006.

1. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

umm...is there any way that i can extract subtitles from the orginal DVD disk and add them before i burn???? thanks

=pepsimaxx=

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I am a little confused.
    You want to extract the subs from where, and burn them into waht? If you want to backup an original DVD and have the subtitles in, all you have to do is make sure that when you use your transcoding/encoding software(like DVD Shrink or Nero Recode) the subtitles that you want are checked. That's all. If that's what you want...

3. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

what if he uses clonedvd2?

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@Joeva
    CloneDVD2 would be just fine:~), as I am sure there are many other programs out there! I only mentioned DVD Shrink or Nero just because these are the only ones that I have ever used, and maybe the most popular( I don't know about nero , but Shrink being free it must be one of the most popular!)
    I just don't know if that's what pepsimaxx had in mind!
    Cheers!

5. ricsalt

ricsalt Member

I'm not getting sub-titles when I only copy the main movie. I'm only copying the main movie because I then have to convert from PAL to NTSC. To do this I remove the menus and extras. I've tried to have the sub-titles on before I rip it-no go. I've tried to find the vob set which includes the sub-title and only copy that but it doesn't show up that way. Does anyone know how to copy a DVD and bring the sub-titles over in a PAL to NTSC conversion ?

Thanks in advance