1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme home makeover

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by slander98, Oct 31, 2004.

1. slander98

slander98 Member

Hoping someone can help me, putting together my theater room and saw this but cant seem to figure out what its called can someone please tell me what this is pictured on the wall here on this picture

http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/ima...y.html?photo=38

i searched abc website and it wasnt mentioned, it was really really sweet.

real flame on some kind of wall mount i dunno but if someone can give me a way to go in searching for it i would appreciate it, i tried indoor tiki lights, flaming wall mounted lighting, gas powered indoor lighting etc....

Thanks in advance
    Sean

2. slander98

slander98 Member

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

that is not a flame, looks like a flourescent light mounted vertically with chrome or polished steel reflectors

4. slander98

slander98 Member

I watched the episode and it was a flame. May look like a bulb of some sort but its not. So any additional input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

5. ddp

try contacting abc\extremehomes & see if they can tell you what it is. still think is light bulb as can't see gas line or gas vent as it means putting holes thru wall. try contacting & see

6. slander98

slander98 Member

i emailed them and no response yet, its not a light bulb when i was watching it last night it looked to be gas powered through the wall with some kind of suction vent @ the top that was sucking the flame up and making it dance all around like a fire tornado it was really cool, probably a fortune but sweet looking wanted to find out how it worked , what is was called and if anyone might have one at a reasonable price.

7. ddp

try a gas place??