1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extremely poor playback quality.....help??

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by breed6, Feb 5, 2010.

1. breed6

breed6 Member

I have a plextor TV100U and a M204U and a Dazzle Recorder........I've also tried a bunch of different programs and nothing seems to come out 1:1. I am trying to take old VHS tapes and convert them to the computer. I used to be able to do it using highest quality with the M204U and it came out pretty good. But now.....the quality is crap. I had a person tell me to use Roxio Creator....so I tried that and it was even worse. I've tried on both my laptops. Dell D610 running XP and Dell Studio running Vista and neither are any good. Any suggestions? Maybe a different capture device?? I'm in the process of rebuilding an old tower that I want to use mainly for video converting.......so maybe there's something I can do there. Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

we got good results using the video capture stuff that comes with nero8.. of all things

grab yourself a hookey version first tho to check it works.. because it might not with your hardware.

3. breed6

breed6 Member

thanks i'll give it a shot!!