1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F*ck my ankles sore

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Oriphus, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Someone give me some sympathy. I've screwed my ankle up playing soccer and will be out for 6 weeks. i may not even make the team when the season starts back now. To make it even worse, it was too sore to give my girl any loving last night.

Damn i feel sorry for myself today. Where's my sympathy??????

Oh, i scored two goals as well, both from the volleys. My third attempt ending up with me kicking the ground and spraining the ankle, now i have a baseball for an ankle, its really that swollen.

SYMPATHY PEOPLE??? ;-)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Im gonna find you, and im coming to get YOU!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Oh you puppy!! lol, i got hit by a car when i was 8!!! 8 MANN!!!!! and i wasnt looking for sympathy even though my leg was seriously fucked up ;-)

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

An ankle, that's not too bad.
    When I was in High school, I got into a BMX bike acident an lost a piece of my right knee cap. I was a good mountain biker, that took me out. You'll probally still make the team and after two weeks you will be able to play again.

4. Dela

I actually put my hands on my knees when u said that, could already feel the shocking pain lol! :D when i got hit by a car man, i felt the bone in my leg snap it was so sore! :S

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I know it deosnt seem too bad, but how am i going to get on the team or even be fit for the team (Queens University Belfast team) in time for September. I've been training real hard for it :-(

6. Dela

Well ye that would piss me off if all the training was wasted! :( but hey at least u r in better shape than u would be if you werent training! :)

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - i suppose. It actually feels not too bad this evening, i went for a jog while my girlfriend cycled beside me, and although i looked really weird doing my stupid hop-along run, it was too bad.

However, my sisters fiancee and his mate were up (he's a doctor and the mate is a padiatrist) and they said im dunmb :-( and that i should be resting it with ice.

Damn i hate sitting doing nothing. My foots at a stupid angle at the minute on the desk.

Also, i eat like a horse and so i can just feel the wait pouring on and the fitness going out the window :-( Ah well, atleast i've got my health, so far!!

8. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

One of two things is going on here...Either A.) Your ankle is getting worse and festering all over the place or B.) You didn't want to give your girl any loving! LOL, c'mon man, there is no such thing as too sore for Sex...someone oughta come over there and put a tick mark on yur guy card!

9. Dela

Tell her Afterdawn is not impressed with her, she should have let u relax and gave you loving ;-)

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

LOL - if i tell her that she'll slap the head off me for even mentioning it lol.

Dela - get to bed, its near 4 in the morning, im off ;-)

Speak l8r

Chris

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

If i learnt one thing in life is that there is always someone worse off then you!

Check this email i got from a genuine person who i have dealings with!

The story goes he had a routine operation and got starved of oxygen! the guy is 66 years old. read on.......

TRUE EVENTS !!!

===============================
    Dear Paul,
    Well I am a bit surprised you bothered to express your thoughts about my problems. Usually folks just listen and pass on, which is all you can expect anyway. I hope you never experience the type of pain I contend with every single day and sometimes all the night. It defies description and some feelings I have are beyond human experience. I am married and the past three years have been horrendous. I had cancer of the throat and neck in 1984 and lost my job and after loads of laser sessions and radiotherapy I had a radical neck dissection in 1985. I got over that OK and made my right arm work again after having a lot of the neck and shoulder muscles removed. Only problem was a small neuroma at site of the tumour, which was just like toothache radiating down into the shoulder. I stuck this for fifteen years and then asked a local surgeon to remove it. He refused as it was only one eigth inch from Carrotid artery. Anyway he rang me and said a friend of his, a top London ENT surgeon at the National ENT hospital at Charring Cross Road would look at it for me. I saw him and "Oh, no trouble, I can deal with that". Five weeks later I had the operation and awoke in gross pain and found he had opened up all the old neck dissection and had taken a muscle from the other side of my neck and inserted it in my right side neck. I was left without any form of pain relief from Friday to mid day Sunday as the locum in charge of four wards refused to give me any Morphine. My answer was to take my own Co-dydramol and took 30 in 24 hours until the ward sister came on duty and gave me Morphine.
    I got myself home and it was all downhill after that, I have seen eight consultants, six at my own expense and been to two different pain clinics and not a thing can be done.Apparently the young anaesthetist deprived me of oxgen and caused permanent and gross damage to my whole nervous system.The surgeon also managed to form pouches in my throat so that I cannot swallow properly, I have lost three stones in weight and have a hiatus hernia from taking too many co-dydromols. Whilst I was on with this my wife found a lump in her breast, having been checked for years, but no operation could be performed for two and a half months. I had to pay for her to go into BUPA and have both breasts removed, chemotherapy, radiotherapy for over a year, back and forward 25 miles each way. The surgeon volunteered to keep check on her for payment, but saw her just twice in eighteen months until I had to get her back into hospital by ambulance in gross pain in her back. Another scan then revealed secondary cancer of her right hip and ribs and three places in her spine. She has just finished her second round of six chemo. sessions and bone hardening. Had her own GP or the surgeon bothered to do a simple blood test this lot could have been picked up a long time ago. I cannot drive anymore, it causes me so much pain to do so. I cannot take my wife to hospital and rely on a dear neighbour to do that for us.
    My insurers granted £50,000 for me to pursue my surgeon and the National ENT Hospital but I just could not cope with that as I was doing all the work for the solicitors, who charge £150 an hour. I wish I had though as the medical profession just turn their backs and walk away and leave you to get by the best way you can. Do not have an operation under anaesthetic unless your life depends upon it. Now you know most of the story so enough of that.
    ===============================

Yes! WOW! that soon shut me up...

Thx all...

12. Dela

geeez now thats a story!! :S

Oriphus, i barely sleep man! even during school/work time i sleep never more than about 4 hours, sleep is over rated!

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

How the hell you do that??? Must be your youthfullness. I sleep shit loads. I even take afternoon naps cuz i get tired. Jeez, thats what heppens when you get old. It'll be your 17th bday soon i suppose or am i thinking of the wrong person??

Yup, that story is worse than mine. M laft foot went black and blue though. It looks horrible. My g/f is laughing about it :-(

Chris

14. Shindou

Shindou Member

Nope nothing to do with youthfulness well maybe a little but has to do more so with your body and how healthy you are. You can train your body to sleep less but only so much. Four hours is a good stopping point. I remember being in military boot camp got only 2 to 4 hours a sleep a night if I was lucky. At first it was horrendous I would fall asleep marching after about a week or two into it I got use to it. Now that Im out of the military with no job currently I need like 10+ hours or I will get tired and have to take a nap. Boy sitting at the computer and posting at aD makes you lazy.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2003
  15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, but i would be very fit because i cycle every day and train 3 days at week at soccer and play for 2 hours on a friday night. Yet i still need a lot of sleep. Well, when i say alot, i usually only get about 6 hours sleep at night - then another hour or two throughout the day.
    My g/f the same, she just dozes off with me in our afternoon kips. lol. Works out well.

Chris

16. Shindou

Shindou Member

It afterdawn Oriphus it making you lazy it evil your hooked and now you cant put it down it draining your life energy as we speak.

17. Shindou

Shindou Member

Hey Dela an afterdawn addict is that a rank higher or lower than senior member?

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its higher. The way it works is that everyone can eventually become a member with either 100 posts made I think. However, the moderators and admin pick a few members that generally try to help a lot and make them senior members. If you post literally thousands of posts you become an afterdawn addict. Dela has over 5000 posts. I probably have somewhere near the 1000 mark. Dela is physically attached to his computer. Arent you lol ;-)

Im not lazy yet, getting there though. I still work out every day - well....thats klie... i havent done anything in two days now. :-(

Chris

19. Dela

I'm not lazy I am just fast, I seriously dont know how i could answer about 70 threads in an hour! I spend a lot of time by the computer but I'm not lazy or un fit, when im not here im either out walking around somewhere or doing what i love - walking the mountains. Nothing beats the sound of silence ;-)

20. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Where abouts are you living Dela cuz i've been all over Ireland in the past 10-15 years