1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Mar 15, 2003.

1. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

LOL - he did look a little shadey in the after quals interview ,but I don't believe for a moment that he pulled that manoeuvre on purpose myself .. no matter if the whole grid thinks it ; )

12 hrs til race & counting [bold]:Þ[/bold]

2. herbsman

P.S. I find this interesting :

lmao no.2 could have written for todays incident in some peoples eyes :)

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Kimi and Mark Weber both got jobbed again - not present at the finish!
    It is, of course, a bit of an endurance race and those poor bastages have unreliable equipment.
    Man, I'm prayin' for these Renaults to break down but they just don't...
    Why do the Williams and BMW always blow up, and the Ferrari and Renault never do?!
    In the post-race press conference I was impressed with the 'presence' of Alonso - his personality, intelligence and charm (not always so simple with English as a second language).
    I was contrastingly unimpressed with Montoya - his shifty eyes, his pre-prepared blurb that he began to quote before Windsor had even finished asking him his lead-in question, his poor command of language and lack of charm.
    Montoya may well be as fast as Alonso, but that alone will not see him employed by a top team next year...
    Anyway Michael did very well and I am happy for him :^)
    L8R

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yo! What's up with Jenson Button?
    Surely they can't call him to the weighscales during the 15 minute timed first qualifying session, can they?
    He said he did only 1 lap and then they took him to be weighed...
    While the other cars were circulating, in the middle of the (short) session?
    That doesn't seem right, to me ;^(
    Damn Renaults are too reliable. Man I would love to see someone accidentally take Alonso out...
    Or just get a flat tire, or something!! Yeesh.
    Kimi and Michael did well. Next stop - Canada! Got my hands on some $$ so I will be there,
    Regards

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  5. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hey where are you guys - no F1 fans anymore?
    Poor ol' AfterDawn - it's a real Console Game forum now, isn't it? LoL ;^(
    Things are hotting up in Montreal :^)

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/section.html?section=Grand+Prix

I'm telling you, Honda is upset and we're going to see some stuff from them. They could be quick in Montreal...
    I just hope a Renault doesn't win.

6. herbsman

Hey OGS , yes the console gaming side is hectic as hell these days.

I've been keeping a peripheral vision type of an eye on F1 .. as the World Cup is on & as a true englishman Im all into that.

I truly hope that Button & Honda can turn their season around , Jenson paid to stay at Honda thinking they'd put the full force of the name behind him & co-driver *tut*
    I'm looking forward to next G.P , but just looked on ITV home site [that's the channel that broadcasts them] and saw this:

Was checking cos England play next world cup game at 4pm so I should be safe w/ being able to view both but not too sure about that :S

I'm off to try & fix mates laptop - ciao

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  7. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I'm sitting here with $1500 worth of suite tickets in my hand for all 3 days of the USGP, plus i get prime parking with the suite. god i love this time of year! and no wise cracks either, my faith is all that is keeping me going, if we have another ordeal like last year i promise people will be soooo fired and heads will roll!

8. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Oh, MAN have I gotta sunburn - I'm gonna get the Big C for sure!
    Lads, the new cars sound amazing. The McLarens sound different (as do the V10 RedBulls of course) and the Ferrari is somewhat unique too.
    It's gonna be good, Darth :^)
    I laughed like hell: in the Indianapolis newspaper, the Star
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
    they have all kinds of Indy500 stories, STILL! (c'mon guys, the race was over back in May) but only ONE F1 story, titled: "Just tell me how many cars will they bring" LoL ;^)
    It's not that the Americans carry grudges so much... but they do have, um, long memories y'know?
    Kimi fooked up (shoulda been second). The tarmac was all breaking up in the hairpin corners, and the clagg was already really severe...
    So who do you like in Speedway, Indiana, USA?
    I just hope both the Renaults blow up (or at least maybe one).
    L8R

9. darthnip

oh trust me i know, i cant stand the attitude my fellow americans have towards the greatest form of racing on the planet. it makes me sick, but then again they're just dumb redneck nascar loving hillbillies, so i cant really fault them for what they get spoonfed and programmed into liking.
    i'm actually looking for my boy villeneuve to do some good, he looked great yesterday in practice, and today he was solid. if he can keep his head in it and the car lasts, i think he'll get in the points at least.
    i recorded a few new ringers for my phone, i thought some of you might enjoy them if you can get them to your phone.
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=6D238ACF771332CA
    i got some nice pics as well, but i'll put them up after the race tomorrow.

10. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

Its in qcp, what phone do you have? Because i know nokia, and motorola record in amr, and idk if my nokia will play it. Nokia 6682 here btw :O

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have always liked Villeneuve, not sure why. But I have always hoped that he would do well in F1. I don't think that he has has the right car to do the job. I like Montoyas' agressive style, shame he doesn't do better! Same problem as Jacques, not got the tools to do the job.

12. herbsman

I saw qualifying yesterday & Ferraris are looking great - YaY !!: )

Only a couple of hrs until the race , should be a good 'un this year by the looks of it .. should imagine the 20,000 free tickets that were given out has helped everyone forget about last year.
    U.S Grand Prix is looking like it's gonna be a corker ... going to have to be a little biased & say that I hope Jenson Button can pull of a miracle & get a podium placing.

And of course , seeing the Renaults blow up would be damn sweet (just to bring the points somewhere back to a fight out w/ Schuey).

LOL

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Came across this, not too sure how people will take it. It is a stark reminder of how dangerous motorsport was & how lucky we are today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORs-8GT6SMU

When the fellow driver (David Purley) has to walk away from Roger Williamson in the burning car......well you have to have a heart of stone if you don't feel for him....
    Here is a report of the accident;

http://www.forix.com/8w/nl73-july29.html

This clip of Rene Arnoux & Gilles Villeneuve is stunning;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7409591382618201716&q=Villeneuve

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  14. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hey those are good clips, Pulsar :^)
    The USGP went good - I like the result fine, but JPM is a dickhead.
    Kimi would've been right there, y'know?
    I used to sprint-race (raced a little Amateur Superbike in Canada in the 80's) and make no mistake, F1GP is no sprint race - it is what many would describe as an endurance race! Everything is relative of course, but mini-enduro at least...
    Point is, you gotta be crazy to want to 'beat' everybody in the first coupla corners, yeesh ;^(
    I think (with the 2-race engines etc.) a LeMans-type mentality would work well in F1 - easy on the car, brakes, clutch, gearbox, fuel, tires etc. Look, it worked out okay for Trulli with his 1-stopper...
    Somebody tell Sato! LoL :^)
    Oh well, at least the folks got to see 9 cars (better than only 6).
    It was a good result, good day all around. Didja get some sun, Darth?
    L8R lads

15. darthnip

hell yes, from 3 days in the suite i'm cooked. i saw the first turn wreck with my own eyes and i'll tell you right now it was all montoya's fault. i swear he's the robbie gordon of F1. the man is an idiot! too bad he felt the need to ram his own team mate (probably just jealous cause kimi's better). poor poor jacques, the guy cant get a brake. i still have hopes he'll come back into a better team in the coming years, i think the time with BAR screwed his head up a bit.

SeanZ0r - my phone is the motorola razr V3c, and it recorded those in qcp.

16. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yes it really is a 3-day event, you do have to be there friday AM to get the full effect :^) And saturday's an amazing event in itself, with lots of practice and qualifying, and other series races too.
    3 days is the way to go - so it was excellent? Did you walk around or into the infield? On TV it was clearly not sold-out.
    I always get a kick out of the Safety Car, LoL! Buddy is in there just whoopin' up on it someting fierce, rowing it through the gears with heavy throttle and high RPM... those AMG Mercs sound excellent (especially whilst downshifting) but the joke is, the F1 cars are just idling around behind him, overheating and getting soft. It's all the guy can do to keep a reasonable F1 pace up, and those AMGs have 500 ponies or whatever... heheheh.
    I believe F1 cars still weigh only 600Kg including driver, amazing isn't it? So no surprise - all the the power of 10 motorcycles and the weight of only 2...
    Anyway, glad you had a good time.
    Forgot to say: poor Jacques, he was doing great ;^(
    Regards

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  17. darthnip

lol yeah, my wife kept getting mad at me cause i was taking so many pics of the safety car. hey it was sweet, i couldn't help it! we walked around all over, gotta get one of the giant turkey legs, no trip to the track is complete without one. plus the 3-4 walks thru the infield a day (to smoke the weed ya know).

18. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yikes - turkey legs...? and party puffs! You must come up to Montreal next June, and would feel right at home in Canada.
    I would need to provide all supplies, and YOU would then need to do the same when I come down to visit Indy.
    Ya don't fook around at the border (it is a major impediment to my wanderings) but there ya go, see? It's who you know in life, your friends, that are important.
    We could then attempt to out-do ourselves, each battlin' to make sure the other has The Best Time Ever®™... it could work :^) LoL
    Anyway, anyone who comes to Canada will be well looked after - consider that an open invitation to any & all international AfterDawn F1 refugees...
    L8R

19. darthnip

actually the wife and I are seriously thinking of coming up there for next years GP. now that i've had 10 years to pump F1 into her head she really digs it, so i can get away with dragging her a long distance for a race lol. I never know for sure, but hopefully my company is keeping their suite, so i can hook you up pretty nice if you come down here. hell if anything i got a spare bedroom and i live about 40 minutes from the track. I also have a riend that lives directly across the street form the front gates of the track and he's always asking me to come and stay there on race weekend. you make plans to come here and we'll make plans to come there. it'll be a week long F1 party w00T!

20. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Canada sounds good to me! You'd better get some tents in your garden....