1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Mar 15, 2003.

1. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

ooooh happy day!!! montoya is leaving F1 next year and going exactly where he belongs...NASCAR!!!! now he can bump and slam people all he wants and no one will care!! I also hear Kimi is going to be teammates with Alonso (or as i call him, the eyebrows of spain).

here's a story on montoya's move - http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/07/09/ap2866138.html

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Montoyas' style of driving is probably too agressive for FI. Alonso does have unfeasibly large eyebrows!

3. darthnip

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hi guys,
    Darth, I just had a look at your stuff - excellent!
    That's a nice spot there, right across from pit-exit :^)
    I enjoyed the Friday videos you captured. The sound is surprisingly good (and no #&$@ announcers talking over it!) Splendid.
    Damn! Toyota could've taken a few more points from Renault in France, but Jarno's brakes went away...? That's a shame, he was doing even better than Ralph.
    Both Toyotas in front of Fisi, and Massa (or maybe Kimi) in front of Alonso, would've made me happy! But I am pleased enough.
    (Pleasant mood might have to do with my new Intel E6400 + ABit AB9.)
    I had a kinda bad time when I went to Indy, Sept.24/2000. But I do love your location in the grandstand (and I was dragging a 42' Winnebago around with me last time). I should really give that USGP race another go...
    L8R lads

5. darthnip

yes you should! it's a great time if you know the area. i could see traveling to a race having it's drawbacks. i just wake up in my own bed, cook some grub, then hit the road and it 45 minutes i'm in the suite. in all reality, yeah i'd travel, but it's nice not to have to. now if i can just make them keep the damn race here i'll be set, with my luck bernie is going to pull it.

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

looks like that may have been the last F1 race that Indianapolis host ,we will see

7. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Michael!!
    Poor Kimi, he can't catch a break. And Mark Webber - he caught a 'break' no problem, after an inspiring drive. Too bad (only 9 laps remaining for him).
    British-types must be very happy with Jenson Button :^)
    But I don't know about him, he can obviously drive but he seems kinda happy-go-lucky to me, like a partier... he has neither the steely glint in his eye nor the James Bond icy demeanor that imply some sense of 'killer instinct' or even distinct seriousness.
    I guess I'm saying he seems like a boy trying a man's job to me - he inspires no confidence at all. No offense! It's just, comparing him to ruthless 'gunslingers' like Kimi, Mark Webber and Alonso, he seems at a disadvantage.
    Rubens is faster than he is - why is J.B. such a big 'star' anyway? I must've missed that part...
    Well I'm starting to almost feel sorry for Renault! But, naahhh not yet, LoL :^)
    Hey, the lads and I now want Super Aguri T-shirts and pennants and things. They're so cool, it's Retro Japanese kitsch, like from the '60's y'know? Super Happy Lucky Team, go team go.
    Hungary starts in just 4 days ;^) Now watch J.B. prove me wrong...
    Regards

8. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

[bold] LOL [/bold]

You've likened J.Button to how hollywood would have the stereotypical englishman (James Bond or on the of that reverse ice-cold baddy character) tee hee
    Jenson is a great (very good at least) driver & put a lot of faith (and money) behind B.A.R , but imho has not been paid back w/ technological advances on the car etc
    And just to put you right on one matter The_OGS & that is Rubens wasn't even able to drive the car properly until about 6 or 7 races into the season (his excuse was the brakes are much different to the Ferraris & he needed to change driving style) lol

Anyway another great win by Schuey on Sunday & down to 11point gap w/ Alonso ... wah00
    Just hope it doesnt go down to last race ( all the neutrals would love to see that obviously) ... Michael hasn't got a good record when it comes to gaining title on the last day/race.
    I'm sure everyone knows the history & I dont need to go into that any further - haha

Sayonara aDusersan :)

9. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

JENSON!!!!!!!!!
    Pretty cool (steely-eyed?) drive to win, in a nasty situation.
    Michael fooked up...
    Kinda nice to hear the Japanese anthem, not something I ever recall hearing - but God save The Queen! :^) Excellent, LoL.
    Poor Kimi...

10. bilal123

bilal123 Regular member

Yeah, it was a great race.

The_OGS do you live in the Uk because you seem to have a liking to Jenson Button?

I admire the fact that, a week ago on a program called "Top Gear" he said if he could he would swap all the rich Monte Carlo life style for his 1st victory, now he has achieved do you thing he could challenge for the title and you think he would chage team.

11. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hi bilal123,
    No, the Brits like Jenson Button. If he married a former spice-girl or something, he would be more popular than Beckham... I'm just saying that because we have nobody exciting here in Canada (J.V.?)
    ...and he did! But I am very happy to see him get his victory (and it was hard-fought, too) - as happy as anyone.
    Poor Kimi, he's something else you know, very fast, very good driver.
    But his luck was hard again in Hungary...
    Does Jenson need a new team? The short answer - no.
    Never forget that Honda is first and formost a racing engine company. It's what they do; old Soichiro Honda started it in the post-war years and people started to notice in the '50's. All the rest of their world-wide operation for them is just 'bonus' (it pays for everything - so it's good).
    But because they race on Sunday they can sell more cars on Monday - so if they win (which they will) they can keep the Honda brand special, always. And they will win, trust me, or go crazy trying :^) LoL
    I have always owned big Honda motorcycles over the years. I had a brand-new 1980 CBX 6-cylinder in March of 1980 (the first one in Canada. Of course, I was just a bambino back then...)
    Anyway, Honda are world-leaders in their field; the equals of Ferrari or anyone.
    JENSON!! Yes.
    L8R

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  12. Ripper

Ripper Active member

My two cents. I agree Jenson doesn't need a diff. team he has proved it to himself and every1 else that he can win races with honda and as you say they are a top quality team - maybe a little rough around the edges but aren't we all :p - and I hope to see Jenson go on to win many more races.

Being a brit myself all I can say is.. Go jenson!! lol

Also, Ye Kimi Raikonen (spelt right?) is a gr8 driver - but hard luck, I think so. I was impresed by de la Rosa at hungary though. Filling Montoya's shoes is a big job to do and to finish 2nd and race a v gd race is - in my opinion - v imprssive. Astonished by the new team Bmw Sauber and especially Kobica - I think he has big potential and would like to see more!

13. bilal123

bilal123 Regular member

Yes, but on Sunday Honda and Jenson had theirstrategy spot on, but on dry weather i think it will be much more difficult for Jenson to win another race in a Honda.

(But they still are a great team and are improving all the time.)

14. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yes, the condition's did favour Jenson and Honda but I still have faith in him! lol

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

still no word if Indianapolis is still going to be on the schedule next year

16. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yo!
    Where are you guys?
    I don't get onto aD much anymore (too many kiddies with Consoles).
    Man, I don't get that - you might 'play' for hours on your PC but in the end, it's still a computer y'know? But those consoles are just for games alone...
    Perhaps we should all weep for the future ;^) I won't see it (I am very old).
    But hey, I hope I'm around to see my guy Kimi win something...? I have Turkish qualifying on tape, gonna watch it now (7AM live broadcast is a little harsh).
    So who do you like, lads? Will JB be fast again?
    L8R

17. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

lol @ The_OldGitSenior

I watched Turkish qualifying live today & from what I saw I think that Jenson has a chance of the podium , but I wouldn't automatically think he was able to win.
    Ferrari have front row & Renault 2nd row covered , so everything is looking to be a battle of the top two teams (as per usual).
    Massa has pole so I can see him being fuelled lighter than Schuey & later on in the race he will come into place to be a rear gunner .. keeping the Renaults off Michaels back (if all goes according to plan of course)

whether Kimi comes into the mix I really cant say , he looked okay in qualifying but Pedro De Le Rosa didnt even make final qualifying session & is somewhere like 12th or something .. so anything can happen w/ McLaren (lol)

Anyway , I am looking forward to tomorrows Grand Prix :)

Have a good 'un !!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  18. bilal123

bilal123 Regular member

Michael Schumacher is retiring. This is sad news for me and the world of Formula 1. To me he is without doubt the greatest driver in F1. This championship has gone right down the wire, and hopefully its decided on the last day, with Michael just pipping Alonso out, to retire in style. ;)

19. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Now we're getting somewhere - that Alonso penalty (for 'impeding' Massa) a couple of weeks ago was pure BS.
    Sir Jackie Stewart has spoken out, and good thing too :^)
    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37433
    Hey I don't really care who wins - I just want it to be fair.
    And what about this kid Lewis Hamilton? Apparently he is the real deal, or what...?
    L8R guys
    Go Kimi Go
    (all the way to Ferrari, LoL)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  20. darthnip

USGP at indy is a go for next year, w00T!

totally impressed by kubica, if anything just for the fact that his name is robert kubica, so i get to call him Qbert. he kind of reminds me of the "Ricky Bobby" of F1, but if he keeps his head on straight he'll probably do very well.