1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Mar 15, 2003.

1. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

What's up, ladies?
    I have Michael's last race on tape, man that was a classic. I couldn't believe he came back around to that #&%$ Fisichella again, heheh - and finally passed him! Unreal.
    Ah well, Giancarlo was just doing his job I s'pose...
    I would have been happy to see Alonso win his championship but Ferrari win the Constructor - that's basically what Ferrari got screwed out of, and why Renault was very fortunate indeed weren't they? Alonso was never in doubt but as a team, Renault got lucky that day...
    L8R

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

man i mean how boring is F1 racing pretty much NO passing, drivers pulling over to let other drivers by etc

this is why everyones jumping ship to Nascar

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006
  3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

F*CK nascar!! if i wanted to watch a 2 hour commercial i'd flip it to the home shopping network! montoya jumped ship because he finally figured out that you cant play bumper cars in F1, but you can in nascar. i'm sorry but if you slam into someone at 200mph, something bad should happen!!

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I'm with Darth on this one!

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

then why is Nascar number 1 guys LOL !!!

matter of fact its the most watched sport right behind the NFL

so it looks like you guys are wrong

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@The_OGS.....Visit more often my friend. I miss your two cents!!

7. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Nascar is number1 in the USA, a small isolated corner of the world, where they enjoy Taxi racing.
    This also is not saying much - since only Americans watch the NFL.
    I won't even dignify that silly statement with a response...
    aabbccdd you remain in my humble opinion, a fool. Have you ever left the USA for any reason? You really should give it a try, heheh.
    And hey, how 'bout those election results? It seems not even your fellow Americans agree with you... LoL, thank goodness.
    @Gerry1
    How're you doing? Thanks for kind words, this site has become strangely 'American' lately (see above), not sure why.
    Maybe it just seems that way since certain Americans are so arrogant...
    L8R

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

The_OGS , we don't do politics in here anymore read this from the man

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/379741

so commenting on it would be against the forum rules

i see most of you are to beyond watching good racing (Nascar)(its the better than me attitude huh).i been too the F1 race in Indianapolis its so boring it isn't funny NO passing pretty much the whole race.F1 is all imagine not good racing

this is why Nascar is Number 1

so The_OGS if i am a fool your an arrogant fool too!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2006
  9. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Well I am tending to side w/ The_OGS when it comes to asking if you have ever been outside of the U.S [not replying to said question makes me think that you have not & maybe even a little embarassed to admit to].

Let me put it in further terms to comment(s) made before :
    The 'so called' World Series has how many teams from every other nation in the world ? (don't want to hear about Cubans etc) lol

Anyway there is no calling anyone a prick , an Addict has the report user button just like everyone else !! (use it instead of decending to profanities please or find yourself suspended).

Back to question of Nascar , god how boring is that !!??
    What makes anyone think that going round in circles is ever somekind of entertainment ? I mean what planet could someone come from where they'd sooner enjoy oval cicuits to ultimate speed machines being carfeully driven so as to cope w/ high G corners ?

/me hopes for a winning season for Ferrari next year :Þ

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

McLaren or Williams to win for me, just to get substantial points would be nice!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  11. darthnip

the reason nascar is so popular here is because in all reality, americans dont know crap about real racing! F1 is boring for people that only go to watch people crash, and have no idea how important shaving a 1/2 second per lap can be. If you like to watch people crash and not get hurt then nascar is what you want. if you want to watch racing where every single factor plays into the outcome of the race, whether it's a screw up of only 1 second by the wheel man in the pits, or a driver taking 1 corner too wide and scrubbing off a 1/4 of a second in 1 lap, then F1 is what you want. it all depends on how entertaining you want your racing to be. me personally, i find no entertainment value in cars going round and round bumping into each other and where even last place gets thousands of dollars.

12. dazila

dazila Regular member

How can u ber watching cars race in an oval for 100's of laps which weigh about 2x a Ford Falcon and take 1-2 OVAL laps to reach 300+km/h 180mph aprx. While an F1 car is faster then an F-18 Jet taking off and in a race reach up to 340km/h just down a 1km staright.

13. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

It has been suggested to me I was rude to Americans - this is certainly not my intention, not what I meant.
    It's just, it's a big world and FIA Formula1 is the World Championship! Not to be confused with The JiffyLube 400 of Hooterville... right?
    Anyway (I have said it before) championship roadracing requires
    1) Race circuits - picturesque, timeless, famous courses both treacherous and challenging
    2) Race cars - 600kg (including driver). State of the art.
    3) Race drivers, accustomed to 3G acceleration, 4G cornering (yes, both directions) and ~5G braking, for 2hours or more.
    I can't watch Nascars circle for more than 5-10 minutes - it's plenty unremarkable and (I'm sorry) just boring.
    In F1 the cars are the stars! Then, the roadcourses.
    The teams are important, and then the drivers (somewhat less so).
    I have never really cared which individual driver wins... but some are more exciting than others, heheh.
    Speaking of Kimi, he should be great next year! Can't wait.
    L8R

14. darthnip

I'm american, no worries mate.

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

dazila, stock cars have 900 plus horsepower ,theres lots of lead changes/passing[bold] which F1 racing doesn't have [/bold] theres close racing [bold] which F1 racing doesn't have [/bold]and theres 10 plus drives racing for the cup which any givin week someone different is on top of the points [bold] which F1 racing doesn't have[/bold] F1 you pretty much know who's going to win the championship every year. its usually comes down to two drivers so to me thats WAY more boring than Nascar by a long shot and most must agree with me being Nascar is number 1 and drivers from ever series(even motorcross) is jumping ship to Nascar

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2006
  16. dazila

dazila Regular member

F1 had 900 BHP last year In the 80's they had 1000+ cause of the cars being turbo asspirated

17. dsgtrain

dsgtrain Regular member

Bring back turbos!!!! lol, imagine if they did though. Shame Michael Schumacher has retired, He's a great driver.

18. darthnip

god dammit this is an F1 thread to discuss the good things about it, not a god damn bash F1 thread. make a nascar thread and bash F1 there if you like, but dont do it here.

and yes...bring back the turbos!!!

19. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Aye, 1500HP in the qualifying engines, not bad for a 1.5litre engine. Shame they only lasted a few laps...

20. ireland

ireland Active member

edit removed by me

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006