1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Mar 15, 2003.

1. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

Damn those Ford engines!!!!!

man, eddie jordan would want to be giving ford hell about them..

I wouldnt mind so much that they have no power, except for the fact that they cant finnish a full race distance (most of the time).

and as for Ralph Firman
    .............I reckon kick him out and bring back Salo or Irvine, hell even Sato was better!!

ah well, roll on the rest of the season and Ferrari's domination, after all the new car should be out for the Spain in 2 weeks (oh and they reckon its at least 1/2 second faster per lap then the car that won today in Imola)..

Also on the subject of Imola, it looks like the F1 circus wont be visiting there any more, it will be a sad loss to the championship.

Slán for now!!!

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yep for sure Imola, is a good track, be a sad loss, however no decision made yet but if there talking about it, it is probably on the cards.

Yep looking forward to the new ferrari, also there is supposed to be a larger fuel tank on board, 100 litres or so, that would match maclarens for sure.

Next one in spain I think, usually mint weather, and fast racing.

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I hope some of you plan on coming to Indy in september!!! let me know, i can fill you in on the cheap motels and where to actually find one around racetime. I'll be there sporting my homemade afterdawn T-shirt (when i actually make one). c'mon guys, it'll be fun. but we all should bring laptops so we can communicate, i dont remember what it's like to talk in person anymore!!

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I'll be the one sitting just behind you then with the Dell, I'll type, then turn it towards you, then you can type.

Isn't technology wonderful.

Anyway, I am looking into the Indy trip for september, just hoping for the right price flight to pop up.LOL

5. darthnip

yeah that would work!!

6. nik99

nik99 Regular member

AND NOW,..
    the MAc fan (but an admirer of Ms personally )jumps into the fray..been watching kimi..since his debut that was a good race on sunday..good strategy ,,didnt work 100% ..else would have been nipping at ms heels,
    even last race ,,with all the boats sliding off,,he kept his cool..
    and yes,darthnip .im .planing to come to indy this year..had gone to sepang last year.

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I hope ur all going to be tuning in tomorrow for the race.

Heh I know I am slightly biased towards Ferrari, BUT doesn't the new car look sweet.

Hope it can perform like it looks, upto 0.7 secs FASTER than previously.

Hats off to Alonso - this guy seems to be very consistant in recent times.

8. darthnip

nik99 - cool, we'll have to hook up, i just found out i might have a suite on turn 4 thru work (F1's turn 1), if possible, i'll get you in, if anything we'll definately have to hook up - look for the guy caryying a laptop, in a Ferrari pit crew jacket and an AfterDawn t-shirt, that will be me!

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well what a day, I could not have asked for more.

A win for Ferrari (again), although I must admit it was not very convincing, considering the hype about the new car, better sort the tyre issue out bridgestone Hmmmmm.

And for all those in the Uk who follow a top football team - yep Leeds kicked the arse out of Arsenal, gifting the title to MANCHESTER UNITED (it was already in the bag anyway).

Many congrats to Renault, their car was sweet, Alonso looked mean and very nearly made me shed some tears.

Roll on the next race. :)

10. nik99

nik99 Regular member

yes darth,,i will,,and u look out for a guy in Mclaren shirt and a blond goatee..
    guess u must be real thrilled about
    1- the way the new car turned kicked ass.
    2-the way both macs crashed out
    3-how ms narrowed the gap to kimi in one race itslef.

GRRRR..shit ..life sucks.
    and baaba..
    alonso does look to be the next kimi..hel get picked upfor sure..also justin wilson..rides a stormer ..cons he's in a lawnmowre..

11. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Schuey is starting to show his dominance now the Ferrari GTA 2003 is out of the bag.

TIFFOSE !: )-

(I love to see the Gooners get beaten ALWAYS)

12. herbsman

They are going to have to look into having proper rain tyres at every event after the Brazilian GP fiasco.

Good advert on ITV these days with MONTOYA & RALF SCHUMACHER remote controlling thier Williams F1 cars :p

13. baabaa

baabaa Active member

At last another brother, LOL on the advert.

Yep hopefully this weekend we shall see the new car shine, I wonder what the smell of rubber is like, 19 competitors this weekend SHALL find out.

I think this renault business (alonso) is worrying me, looks like their car has come out of the dark ages and is becoming a contender to the top boys. We shall see.

Nice to see another Tiffose member here LOL

14. herbsman

Renault are lucky that the changes aren't being forced through by Silverstone.
    Thier [bold]launch control [/bold] seems to be 2nd to none !

I'll have my Roast Chicken dinner ready early again this weekend (ritual on GP weekends)

Everyone I know thinks that the changes in qualifying have made a tremendous difference...a lot more exciting (these are ppl that aren't really into it as I) lol

It is good to see who has the balls when it comes down to 1 flying lap : )-

15. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Hear, Hear

LOL on the ritual, I have something similar.

Unplug the phone, turn off the mobile, lock out the cat, crack open a stubby, and the one which is getting even harder to do is turn OFF THE PC.

Oh just to go off topic, how do you get rid of the annoying pop ups within windows, I keep getting a PS2 advertisement everytime I open up afterdawn.com

We all know WHO HAS the balls! :)

16. herbsman

Run Ad-Aware [bold]baabaa [/bold]

When everyone was having a problem in NOT being able to uninstall Kazaa 1.7.1 I ran ad-aware & all was sweet in the world again.

I haven't ever seen the PS2 ad your reffering to bro...

17. baabaa

baabaa Active member

It has gone, I now have a congratulations you've won - crap pop up, nevermind.

Again off topic.

Just been with the police, bloody kids on bikes getting the badges off cars and putting deep scratches on the bonnets, little sods.

Got hold of one of them:
    Please, please it wasn't me it was the others.

Funny thing was he was quite scared and then said his mum was dating a policeman and told us his name (dumb or what).
    Told the police and they new straight away who it was, no need for the detectives there!!!!

- they'll probably be back later on, so it looks like I'll be walking to work tomorrow.

18. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Anyone see the 1st qualifing practice:

Nice one schuey/barricello - hopefully we shall see the 'wrath of the dogs of war' :)

Where did weber come from?

Well it looks like this is the last race at the A1 ring, bit of a shame as it is a very fast track and a swine with corners 1 and 2 (usually a nice incident here), remember the sato, heidfeld collision - glad there was no serious injury then.

TIFFOSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

19. herbsman

I remember Villenueve or Montoya having an incident in corner 2...they were going backwards & soO0 nearly got collected side on at 80-100mph.

One of my favourite GP's has been cancelled this year , no Spa Franchamps [Belgium]!: (-

I saw qualifying last night bro , c'mon the prancin' horse !!! hahaha

2nd qualifying in 35mins ... gotta go roll a fat one Ciao !

P.S. I think it was a pretty smart move by Jaguar to sign Webber up for 2 years this week. He can be fast on occasion..

20. baabaa

baabaa Active member

LOL

Yeah, spa was good, think it was 97 or 98 when it absolutely chucked it down and there was a car park on the first straight.

Heh check it out, schuey screws up into turn 2 AND STILL gets pole - you said about balls, that was smooth.

Yeah, webber was maybe a tadge too fast into turn 1, nearly ended up as part of the safety tyres.

I think barricello is on a different strat to schuey.
    Still, best car on pole I think, BAR maybe in the running tomorrow aswell as montoya - should be a good one.........