1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Mar 15, 2003.

1. dazila

dazila Regular member

Turbo LOL!

What was your fave season in F1?

Mine is 1997 that is the closest season I ever watched and Jerez 3 cars with the same lap time and Micheal and Villeneuve matching each other turn by turn how often do you see that? and the race was even bigger Micheal and Villenuve fighting until Micheal crashes into him.

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Mine was 1994, I was at the Canadian GP and Michael broke down just before the end.
    Jean Alesi then took his very first victory, in a Ferrari, after many race starts for various teams over the years. I remember it was very emotional, he was a good guy and everybody liked him.
    When he came around on his Victory Lap, he stopped - and picked up Michael!
    When Alesi went slowly by me, all freaked out and waving madly, with Michael perched on the sidepod of the red car, well that's something you just don't see every day and I will always remember that, heheh.
    Many very good races on the island, over the years... and I am always there (every June).
    Regards

3. dazila

dazila Regular member

Cmon people lets start this backup.
    This is the only F1 thread and its been running since 03 dont let it down now.
    Anyways.
    BMW are improvig this year alot sad to see that Villenuve isnt a part of it man he is unlcuky he always goes when the good moments come.
    He could have finnaly proved himself I hate theisen.
    Kubica has dropped form and isnt as good as heidfeld.
    Heidfeld was flying in the bahrain.
    Mclaren have a better form then last 2 years.
    Toyota is just going back to their 02 form.
    Honda is shocking maybe they are trying to reduce fuel consumption and are lossing speed.
    LOL!
    What is JB doing in that team still.

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

come one people!

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah you bastards!!

6. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yo! What's up lads?
    This Lewis Hamilton business has me (and probably Kimi) feeling slightly queasy...
    Kimi and I are both waiting for Hamilton to break down and DNF, because of course the McLarens have never been slow - they're just not always around at the finish.
    I suspect Alonso has had a huge effect on the organisation, requesting reliability from day 1, and young Lewis so far is finishing all his races (and with quite good pace).
    Hamilton says "there is only one more step to take"
    LoL :^) There are many more results to come for him! 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, out-of-points, and DNF all await him eagerly.
    He has been extremely fortunate, and his luck cannot continue indefinitely...
    Hey d'you guys think Renault's sag and McLaren's rise has nothing to do with Fernando Alonso (as Renault claims)?
    Ha ha ha; that's a laugh! Clearly he is a huge force (dare I say Schumacher-ish) and will dominate McLaren by season's end.
    If the car stays good, he could take his third championship...
    But I sure would like to see someone crash into Hamilton - even a flat tyre would put a smile on my face! Anything to remind him maybe it's not so easy after all,
    Regards

7. dazila

dazila Regular member

Dont worry its all comming to him he wont know what hit him its just time.
    I have never seen a driver with a great start in their F1 career finsih the same way its ussually down the bottom.
    Take Villenuve who would have thought 10 years on he would be struggling for points?,He stormed out of the garage in Aus 1996 took pole in only 4 laps of the track on his 1st ever run in a Gp weekend, he stormed the race leading Hill by 21.978sec on lap 37 but 4 laps later he got an oil leak but still managed 2nd place he won teh next seaosn in whats called on of the most nail bitting seasons in F1 and that was it we saw him claim 2 podiums in 2001 and he completed his glory days at the end of 1997.
    Since then he has struggled to find a team which will give him the pace he needs the closest he'd come was renault 04 but he hadnt driven for so long 1,1/2 years it wasnt that succesfull i mean yeah he did get competitive at Japan 2004 he started posting times that the top 3 posted and had the 5th fastest lap time in the race but nothing was acomplished.
    I think this will happend to Hamilton I mean no-one has had a 100% succes rate in F1 its either you start well and end poor or you start poor and end well.
    Alonso strated very poor Minardi 01 was outpaced by his teammate yoong but his glory days came 4 years later.
    But yes i too hope hammilton gets sucked into the bottom to me he is such a smart ass I hate his guts seriously when the aus GP was on he had a show just about him.
    They still talk how his dad made a kart wow!
    I hope alonso outpaces him by a hefty amount of points because he is getting on my nerves.

8. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

lmfao dazila , are you for real ? .. Jacques Villenuve is a complete flake & has never ever been the best driver (lol)

Louis Hamilton has been under McLarens wing for a good number of yrs now so its not so hard to see why he is at present doing well , seeing as McLaren finally have a competitive car again.
    This should prove to be a much closer season we hope , with at least 3 teams standing a realistic chance.

Me , myself & I of course always wants the Ferraris up front , but I much prefer a competitive season so theres some excitement at least.

Darth , say more than 'yeah you bastards' next time or I'll have to get a plane over to US there & then taxi to your front door only to give you a slap as soon as you answer the door !!
    lol

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Heehee, or should I say.........BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Just thought I would pop in and say hi to everyone.

So HIYA AFTERDAWNERS

And a big HI to all of my friends on hear, so many to mention, so I wont try, but you know who you are.............

Yes, its about time this thread was resurrected, and now Schuey has left I feel I should and with Herbsmans help fly the flag for a Ferrari come back season.

For sure Mr Hamilton has shown remarkable poise considering the spotlight he is now under, he is an excellent situation to put a stamp on a 'brit'......(heehee, I am one too....) becoming a top driver.
    He is undoubtedly in a superb position with Maclarens new competitive car and challenging Alonso for no.1.
    As long as the cars hold out, I can see him doing a fantastic job for his forst season.

OK, enough with the sportsmanly conduct, you just know Ferrari are gonna get stronger as the season goes on, I do believe that Schuey has still got his hand in the background and if there is some truth in that.............well, we shall see.

Good start to the season though, and looking forward to some tight races ahead - I hope Jenson can kick his team up the arse and get their car into the form they had last season, then we would have 2 brits up there........yipppeeeeeee......

p.s anyone missed the shaking fluffy head.........

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Hell fire, there's a blast from the past.... Long time no see...

11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yep, thought it was time to let the sheep put of the pen for some fun and frolics.
    Can't believe how much this sites grown, but nice to see the regulars are still here keeping the foundations strong.

Have to admit, it was darthnips post that got me back - I kinda took it personally...........heehee, just kidding.

So where does your money lie this season, do we have your support for Ferrari.......go on, you know you want to

12. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

jeez , we woke up baabaa from his long slumber :O

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  13. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

A grand awakening at that...:D

14. dazila

dazila Regular member

This long no GP break isnt nice never seen a 4week break b4.
    Did anyone watch the video of heidfeld doing a lap of Nordschlife?

15. dazila

dazila Regular member

Well no not really he really was a good driver, well he still sint retired so i cant say was.
    It takes skill to win an F1 Championship no matter how good your car is if its the car draging you, you wouldnt go along win 12 races in 30 races.
    and do about 20 podiums alltoghter.
    Owell i support him you dont we will leave it there.

16. baabaa

baabaa Active member

A 4 week break is good, lets me do some grazing and eye up the ewe's, and maybe do a little bit of baabaaing aswell....

But Jacques was a good driver and still is, but IMO, when he won the Championship he won it on the back of 'Renault' and not Williams.
    Damon Hill had it the year before and the Williams/Renault partnership was unbeatable then when Renault pulled out Williams faded and have been trying to claw back ever since.
    There partnership with BMW is now showing some real progression, and I feel they are gonna be the 4th contesters this season, and if they continue with their development, I am sure they may just win a race this season.

It is early days, but an open goal, and the ball is up for grabs - just a case of who has the car/reliability and nuts to grab it.
    At this point in time it is hard to say who is looking strongest, considering the points situation, but one thing for sure, it looks like its gonna be close this season, and I think we're all gonna witness some nice racing and some fantastic challenges.

The good thing is, there are several manufacturers in the mist now, and not just 2..............thats gotta be good.......but still, Ferrari will have my vote, Kimi hasn't shown his hand yet, and when he does, it will be his finger as he overtakes everyone else..........heehee

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  17. dazila

dazila Regular member

You Mean Williams-Renault

18. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Heehee, WTF did Honda come from............'edited' for severe self sheep abuse........

Of course Renault........

8 days to go..........

19. dazila

dazila Regular member

LOL!.
    I hope he does good in the LeMans Race this year.
    7 more days its painfull waiting never waited this long since a i watched my first race in 96.
    This break could have easdil;y been avoided it is because imola got dropped imola was meant to have its gp last week but fia dropped it verey late and there wasnt a replacement.
    They are dropping to many European circuits and taking too many asian ones in.

20. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Thats the problem at the mo', alot of the European circuits are not modernising their facilities and so when Malaysia/Bahrain and Shanghai came about, it has kinda benchmarked the circuits.
    All of the new circuits appearing are very impressive.

Good thing is that Spa is back on the caleneder after being dropped last season, I love that track, especially when its raining, I think it was '94 when Coulthard lost it at the start and plowed into lots of cars, it looked like a bomb had gone off and debris everywhere, good thing was that no one was injured, but when I saw it on tv it was quite shocking