1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Mar 15, 2003.

1. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

J.V. is (was) a good driver, he did very well when he first arrived. He was clearly too fast for Indy Champ Car when he competed, with his European-style approach - kind of like Bourdais is right now - and you just knew he was destined for F1.
    In F1 he did well very quickly for his top-3 team - kind of like Hamilton is doing right now!
    Villeneuve's Indycar secret used to be very low wing and tall gearing, which made him slower in cornering but untouchable on the straights. He could then also easily overhaul anyone, with just a whiff of a tow... and you can't pass in slow corners anyway (where he was theoretically vulnerable).
    J.V.'s F1 strength was not in car development though, and his prickly personality didn't endear him either to his teams or racefans in English Canada. In time, he became this weasely little guy who always needed a shave - even in his Canadian TV commercials for Honda cars. (Never saw those? LoL, don't worry :^)
    He just missed catching today's BMW wave of upturned fortune, I believe because Thiessen just didn't like him, and because he crashed foolishly in his last race trying to pass somebody faster. When he subsequently called in sick for the next date on the calendar, that was it for him!
    This is all not totally bad for Canada though, as once again General Admission tickets for Canadian GP are available for purchase, and not 'Sold Out' like in the 1990's... so it's all good, heheh.
    Good luck Jacques, wherever you are - and bad luck Lewis (it is coming for you, with relentless patience).
    I just do not wanna see this guy Hamilton on the Podium in Spain...
    Regards

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Spanish GP Qualifying on TV in less than an hour , wah00 !! (I've so missed F1 this last few weeks or so).

Gotta be thinking that McLaren would really want Alonso to win this race , so could be a very interesting qualy session.

Kimi , Ferrari...Tiffose !:c)

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Heehee, Ferrari have pulled a blinder..........Massa in pole and Kimi in 3rd, we already know what the result is gonna be.......

Seriously F1 fans....its all lined up, Ferrari will be first, Kimi is gonna show his hand for sure..........

We'll see, but fingers crossed for an excellent race.......Schuey is there.....need I say more.............heehee.

Enjoy all the same..............

5. dazila

dazila Regular member

6. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Uh-huh...

7. dazila

dazila Regular member

8. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

nice move by sato on passing alonso (or as i like to call him, eyebrows (i mean come on buddy, tweezers, a bush hog, something)).

for years now i've asked if anyone was coming to the USGP. I figured i'll ask again, so IS ANYONE COMING TO THE DAMN USGP IN INDIANAPOLIS THIS YEAR??????

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

at least we know that Michael won't win it this year again lol

NO i pass on F1 will probably go to the Brickyard 400 though

10. darthnip

gross dude. i can get the suite every year for the brickyard, but i refuse to go watch a 2 hour commercial.

11. dazila

dazila Regular member

12. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yes, you said it :^) heheh.
    Damn - Kimi & Massa running into each other! Yikes... what's next?
    Somebody run into Hamilton, won't you please?
    Oh man, I would've loved to see Alonso collect Hamilton right at the start in Canada. Bang! Sweet (he just missed him by inches).
    Qualifying is just so very important. Ferrari must qualify better in Indy, and then we'll see some racing.
    Wish I could come down & see you Darth, but motorcycle business very busy right now, especially Saturdays... I'll watch on T.V.

PC Note:
    My new rig runs fantastic. I sold my E6400 and picked up a new E6420 with the larger cache. My new mobo officially supports FSB1333 and eveything runs like a charm - all stock voltages and 2.666GHz, easy. CPU runs @ only 30C (idle) but it's kinda hot in my computer room in June... so no worries.

Let's go Ferrari! Or even Alonso, or BMW...
    Later lads.

13. darthnip

have no fear, i'm sure eyebrows will collect hamilton soon enough. he just doens't seem to be able to handle the pressure of having this rookie kid smoking him on the track.

too bad nobody is coming, i have an extra suite pass for tomorrow.

14. herbsman

Hamilton is made of british steel , aint no fazing him .. bit of that dunkirk spirit dontcha know !! (lol).

Unfortunately I will have to decline again Darth , would be great to come on over .. just cannot afford air costs mate (cheapest is £375 return + £135 tax).

Looking at getting 3 day ticket for Silverstone G.P for £99 hopefully :c)

P.S : I really hope Ferrari have some bits to try out on the car sometime soon , cos they just do NOT look fast enough .. and I've been pleasantly surprised that McLaren have made such a leap during the winter (altho R.Dennis did say a few yrs back that they had a bit more of a long term strategy *seems to be paying off*)

15. darthnip

was a great practice today, massa held the fastest time for a long time, with hamilton in 2nd. then right at the end eyebrows got the fastest lap. i'm still counting on the pressure getting to him and causing a stupid mistake tomorrow. I have 1.12gb of footage from today, will be putting together the collection on sunday night to pass around.

16. darthnip

I ran in to the Ferrari pope today at qualifications
    [​IMG]

17. onya

onya Guest

G'day Darthnip, a nice pic BTW. There are four things in it, to which I relate;

1) It's about formula one.

2) The "pope" without his cassock looks as if he could be my half brother. Me thumbs beard to confirm.....LOL

3) You and I share the same hair line it seems.

4) Wish I was there to enjoy the atmosphere also.

Enjoy the race, and perhaps we can look forward to more pics of the event. It's now 6.25PM here in Australia, so I have to wait 5-6 hrs, until race start. Have beers in hand as I suspect you will also. Here's cheers to one of the best motorsport spectaculars in our world today.

EDIT: Sorry 'bout the hair line thing......I stopped worrying some time ago. :}

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2007
  18. darthnip

I "earned" that hair line, i got 4 kids ;)

19. herbsman

seems the brits now run ting !! heheh

it's always great to hear 'god save the queen' anthem blasted out..followed by proper champagne celebration.

of course we do have to mention that it was a very mediocre race by ferraris usual standards (always good to see both cars finish the race though).
    hopefully a few tweaks here & there then they may get back to being able to truly push the mclarens , cos lets face it someone needs to

arrive derci my f1 loving brothers

20. dazila

dazila Regular member