1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Mar 15, 2003.

1. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I don't really think Silverstone should get a fine but they should look at the security.

Anyway a very exciting race overall. Well done RB!!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I missed the Gp today. Just turned it on literally to see Montoya driving across the line. I really like the BMW team and hope they and Ferrari are first and second in any order.

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i'm in thew same boat, i turned it on as he was just crossing the line myself!!, guess i'll have to catch the replay tonight

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Montoya's car was all alone for the whole of the race , quite scary how it was out pacing the Ferrari (seeing as I'm Tifosse)
    Ralf Scumacher was to blame , even though no-one would put it down to him on TV
    He has subsequently been docked 10 points & 10 places of the next qualifying...

5. nik99

nik99 Regular member

HMMM..was wondering y Ferrari men..baaba and herbs have been quiet al week.....

was an interasting race...towards th ebeginnning and end ..middle it was ok..

...DC and montoya a grea t race..Ms a lil bad luck at last..

RS..dumb oaf..took along 5 people with him..what is it with the brothers...they think evry 1 els emust back off.w.hen they move..

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Baabaa has been sunning himself and also went for a shear.....lambing season came round and was forced into the pen....LOL

Yeah, Montoya blew the field away.....such pace...was it engine OR tyre grip OR both?????

Unfortunately the Ferrari was well off the pace, no match for Montoya......:-(

MS had the bad luck this time with the blowout....see he is just human after all....(still got some points)

Thought that the Renaults were very impressive even though they have under powered engines....but what about there launch control...has to be the best around at the mo...sweet....

D.C had an excellent race..funny he is a scot, and therefore must enjoy sneaking up from behind....LOL....well done D.C....

Well the title race is very interesting now, anyone gonna put down their predictions or are we gonna see a showdown for the last race....?

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Fingers crossed for a showdown at the end of the next three GP : )

8. nik99

nik99 Regular member

guys.
    .cant beleive //all of ul missed th race..
    as of me..the only race i missed in past 8/9 years has been the canadian one thi syear..was watching the Matrix then..

montoya for champiooon..if his car goes on like this...and MS and Kimi tied for 2nd ..lol..
    i used to thnk no bad luck ever affects Ms..now ..lol

bba,,hows ur court thing coming along..

and herbs..ralf has been penalised places only ,,not points..wher did u hear that?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2003
  9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

nik99

Had an appeal hearing recently, fobbed me off big time, showing no interest in the facts.

Procedures THEY have written have not been adhered to, and for that Baabaa is gonna turn nasty - my solicitor is very happy to take it to a tribunal and actually laughs if it will even get that far.

His words ' That company needs to take their thumbs out of their ass and learn how to treat personnel, and also a lesson in good business practices and a good read up of employment laws.....'

Nice one, anyway, they cannot keep the bouncin' sheep down, cos this dude just got offered another job today - start on Monday......and am gonna rip their customers from under their noses - and may also poach some of there staff......LOL

Cheers for the interest anyway.

No chance for Montoya, cos I am gonna follow him round with my Voodoo doll......LOL

Nah, hope there is a real showdown between MS/JM/KR at the last race - we'll see who's the daddy....LOL

Need to keep our eyes on the Renaults though, I know they are down the table but Trulli could start turning some heads......

10. nik99

nik99 Regular member

bba,,screw them ..nice n proper..

i had done that ..coupla years back..motivated people they needed also ..into leavin..then made sure crucial info got leaked to competitors..Lol..they paid for it..

itl be nice to see kimi or montoya get the championship..then micahel will retire..itll be fun next year then,,a free for all..

11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Can't see MS retiring IF someone else wins it.

He is the type who WOULD only retire after becoming champion again, so in theory he MAY retire at the end of this season......LOL

I am lovin' the closeness of this years championship, and full credit to Williams/Michelin/Bmw and Renault for the headway on performance improvement.......Ferrari seem to be lying dormant at the mo' OR is this planned??????

Still egarly waiting for a 3 way crunch race at Suzaka.......like a 3 way gunfight - reservoir dogs.....LOL

12. nik99

nik99 Regular member

bah..Theory...

reality is very diff from thoery..dude

a 3 way crunch is wat wel see..me thinks

yo hoo..th e bitching has already started..offtrack

Micheal said"
    I feel optimistic

"We have had a tough time recently, but I think the good times will come back and at this stage I think I am favourite to win the championship.

"Even though I've not won a race for a while, I'm not concerned when I look at my points situation and what has gone wrong.

"It's true Williams have the momentum right now. I had mine earlier in the season, and now he (Montoya) is. But who knows how things will go for the rest of the season.

yah,,dream on buddy

KIMi said in British tabloid newspaper, The People:
    "It's not my style to think that the world champion is always the best racing driver.

"That is why I don't think Michael is the best and in a class of his own just because he's won the championship five times.

Michael is just another driver, nothing else. It's very difficult to beat him, but it's possible. He is quick but there are some drivers who are also very quick.

We have all got closer to him."

he he..just waiting for montoya's powerpunch reply

13. baabaa

baabaa Active member

this is good, sounds like us lot here sometimes....LOL

Personally - ALL 3 have an equal chance - of winning/engine mechanical failures/lack of speed etc etc....

However, Williams have had the momentum, but there has been a break and things may have changed and I will go out on a limb HERE AND NOW and say " The Highest finisher between MS, JM, KR this weekend - will win the championship"

Thats right you heard it first here (whilst crawling up my own arse) my prediction.....

I will of course remain true to the Ferrari's whatever the outcome, as I believe MS can pull this one off, but if he fails - there will be no excuses from me just many tears and tantrums...LOL

C'mon Budapest show us your cards......

14. nik99

nik99 Regular member

The Highest finisher between MS, JM, KR this weekend - will win the championship"

lol..dude .almost obvious aint it..predict a winner for this sunday first

m e wud be inclined to think it will Rs more than Jm..on sunday..unless qu;laifying turns things arnd..
    (much a s sayin the above hurts me,i know Macs dont stand a chance now..unless kimi inflates his balls and comes cahrging forward..

15. nik99

nik99 Regular member

ah..kimi listned to me..
    pumped sum air in his balls and came charging thru-7 to 4 in 1st corner
    ..luvd the way he kpet swinging fm left 2 right to gain places..
    and came to within 2 pts of the lead now..

an alonso win..that was lovely.the way he stormed off..a 20 sec lead..geeeeez..
    guess ..webber b;ockin every1 had a lot to do with it..
    they should be good again in suzuka..
    while macs will b great at Indy..

3 way crunch ..
    ms can go bury himself..
    cheers

16. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Sure MS - was very disappointing.......just really cruised round as though he knew the car was not upto much.......

Alonso - superb from start to finish - absolutely flawless - and what a car/strategy talk about perfection......proves this circuit is not about engine power...

Ralph showed balls and great ability to come back through everyone after his spin.....

What about RB's excursion - gotta admit that was scary from what I saw - major suspension failure......

Again D.C came good aswell, we see this all the time, the qualifying not so good but the way he races and the strategy always brings him into the race....

JM had a conservative race and a well earned 3rd.

KR (as you stated) finally pumped them up and had a well deserved 2nd.....

They are all on top of each other in the championship and williams have blasted in front in the constructors....

Nice and tight, gearing up for an excellent showdown....

Roll on Monza...

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What are the problems Ferrari are getting the past two races, they seem to be finishing poorly these days (if they finsih at al).

18. nik99

nik99 Regular member

nuttin much that its majorly wrong with them.
    except that they are not catchin up om the devlopoments others are doin..

like when the new ferrari debuted ,,no one cud toouch it..it still as fast ,,except that others hav got better..muc h better.
    especially renault ,williams,) and mc laren in that order..

of course michelin is gainin ground in leaps and bounds on it s own devlopments which is one of the majors in the above 3 's fortunes.

he he..also every 1 is sceretly planning that they'll let ne 1 else but MS become champion once again..:p

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im a big fan of williams BMW and Ferrari, i just hope both of them come ni first and second in the constructors, in any order.

20. nik99

nik99 Regular member

dude..choose uR team...u cant hav both as favs..

ne way,,this tyre issue is proving to be a biatch..and guess whos the snitch..the F'in reds

"Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn told the Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday that they contacted the International Automobile Federation (FIA) after receiving photographic evidence at the Hungarian Grand Prix."