1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fable controller disabled for 5 minutes

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Cyranos, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Cyranos

Cyranos Member

I recently purchased Fable and rather than playing it from the disc immediately backed it up to my Xbox, Im not a fan of scratches. I started the game and found that the controller was disabled throughout the three producer scenes and the Fable intro. After it had completed the intro it allowed me to use the controller and I started to play. After starting up the following day I had the same problem, I had previously through it was a first run thing.

I dropped the disc into my xbox and the same problem occurs off the disc which makes me think its probably a dash/bios issue but I'm running Evox 3935 with the X2 4981 bios. Both a very recent.

Any suggestions?

2. akamurph

akamurph Member

I've had this same problem intermittently... sometimes I could click the controller and get by the screens, other times I had to sit through them.

I think if you start clicking right away when the guy with the sword and white background comes on you have to wait, if you give it a few seconds and hit a button it will bypass the screens.

My 2 cents...

3. Cyranos

Cyranos Member

I deleted the coresponding TDATA and UDATA folders and it seems to work a lot better now. As you said I can now wait for the guy with the sword and then skip the square and MS cutscene.