1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fable copy?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dmn, Sep 15, 2004.

1. dmn

dmn Member

Hi i just downloaded my copy of fable last night and i burned it today it extracted and butned fine without any errors but when i get in the game the opening things start up and in the opening movie it freeses at the exact same time every timeand says "disc may be dirty or damaged" and it does the same thing if i try to skip the video . I cleaned the disc n its it very clean and i have no idea whats wrong did this happen to anyone else? if so is there a way to fix it? if anyone has any soloutins please help me!! it would gratley appricate it . I have never had this problem before so i want to know if theres a way to fix it.

2. dmn

dmn Member

Does anyone have any idea???

3. akamurph

akamurph Member

I guess it depends where and how you copied it... Where did you get the file(s) from. It sounds like they might be corrupted, or some are missing.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2004
  4. dmn

dmn Member

well i got it from a chanel on irc but i have a nother 1 downloading from another source now **crosses fingers**

5. akamurph

akamurph Member

Good Luck!! :)

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

you newbies should read the forum rules again.

7. akamurph

akamurph Member

Sorry about that 'Senior Member'...

8. gusia

gusia Guest

i've tried to backup my copy of fable as well, but it wont work it gives me the same message "disc may be dirty or damaged". I tried it on several different types of dvdr media but still nothing, they must have figured out a way to anti mod games. There must be a patch or some kind of crack for it, if somebody figures it out pleeeeease put it on this forum

9. dmn

dmn Member

i figured it out i dnt exactly know wut i did but i patched the iso n burned it @ a slower speed that b4 n it werks now

10. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

GREAT, so how's the game?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Halo Special edition Xbox
    V7 Playstation 2
    Plextor px-708A 8xdvd-/+rw.:: Tdk 420n 4dvd+r/rw
    :.:. Shit Happens When you Party Naked :.:.:.[/small]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004
  11. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I have made a backup copy of this great game and mine works great, right from the files that I have un-rared.
    Check ur disc format maybe?

Nasty...

12. ninjatech

ninjatech Member

Where did you find a patch?
    I put Fable in my Xbox and FTPed the files to my PC hard drive, then FTPed them back to my Xbox. When I go to run the game I get the same dirty disc error (from the game, not the xbox). I figured there must be an issue with running it from the hard drive, so just to test the files I made an xiso and burned it to DVD but I got the same error.
    I'd really rather have this game loading off the hard drive if possible, I have never had this problem with any other game. Help would be appreciated.

13. dmn

dmn Member

i just downloaded craxation and went to patch iso and it just went in n patched the .xbe files and then i just burned the iso 2 a dvd n it werks fine

14. petestock

petestock Member

hey dmn, where did u find your copy of fable because i must have looked for at least three hours today and i couldn't find any real sites for xbox roms

15. ninjatech

ninjatech Member

dmn, I got that tool (great software!) but it didn't stop me from getting the error, even after patching the game.

I wonder if there was a problem when I ripped the disc originally...

16. dmn

dmn Member

well the only other thing i did is burned it at the slowest speed possibile ... i still will get the error while playing the game once in a while but that is expected with these backups ..... so try burning it at a slower speed ... the game is def worth the wasted dvd's!

17. nivek41

nivek41 Member

Try using Quix to make the iso versus using craxtion. I was able to get my backup to work using that method.

18. aceface

aceface Member

i had exact same problem works fine on HD and not on dvd burnt at lowest speed possible. x2 wouldnt let me do x1?

will try using that other program craxation see if thats any difference. reallly good game shame us in uk have had to wait till next month till its out in shops

19. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i backed up my fable ntsc copy for the xbox. it works great. i used qwix to make the .iso and dvd decrypter to burn it at 4x. no problem. Two thumbs up for this game. great game, great story to it

20. mr_modder

mr_modder Member

Here is what I found out about backingup Fable. I wasted 5 discs (or so I thought) attempting to copy it. I created the ISO using Craxtion and burned it using Nero (@ 4X). The game would load but lock up and die with the now infamous GREEN SCREEN OF DEATH stating dirty or damaged disc.
    Frustrated I tried several other methods but the same outcome.
    I gave up after a while a left the game in the drive being all P.O.'d about it. The intro movies played and it went to the start screen as I figured one more try wouldn't hurt. This time the game started!
    This method of allowing the intros seemed to work for 5 of my buddies too.
    Why this does this - no friggin clue!
    Maybe this will help some of you guys that were having the same stupid problem as us!
    I have burned over 300 games and this is the first time I have encountered this problem.
    Anybody have any explanations?