1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fable Iso Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by aceface, Sep 23, 2004.

1. aceface

aceface Member

just put an iso onto dvd using nero after making an xiso with qwix. did it on x2 on iomega dvd writer on datawrite dvds and these work fine for one other game i done

burnt ok, boots ok starts the intro video then just freezes or says disc may be dirty :s

help! copied the iso to the xbox itself and that works fine on there though so what could i be doing wrong? or do you think my dvd writer is crap?

2. scottas

scottas Guest

What version xbox do you have? I'm seeing more and more of the 1.0 dvdroms having trouble with newer games like nascar chase for the cup, madden nfl, etc. You might need to update to a newer version dvdrom. Or larger hdd and just play the backups from there. But even the M$ originals are having probs also in some cases.

3. aceface

aceface Member

how do i check my xbox version? ive got the lastest evox installed

my xbox got fried while getting chipped so ive had another dont know how old or new it is really.

looks like few ppl have had the exact same problem with fable so not just me. do you mean update the xbox dvdrom or my dvd writer?

4. scottas

scottas Guest

check out the tutorial on xbox-scene.com for the version checking info. You may need to swap out your xbox dvd for a newer one. I found a guide for modding an older dvd, so I'll give it a try and post results. It seems the older drives can't read the data fast enough for some of the newer games.

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I had the prob where it looped after the intro and went back to the start....after thinking for about 10 minutes on what it could be,I decided to try to patch it with craxtion4. DONE AND DONE. Giv'er a whirl!