1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Face Recognition

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by moran73, Nov 24, 2006.

1. moran73

moran73 Member

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations for the following problem:

A site called MyHeritage.com has a function on there that allows you to upload a photo and it matches you to what celebrities you look like. At work we used this recently and charged people for a go for charity. However it seems that there database mainly consisted of US celebs and no cartoon characters. A lot of people said it would have been a lot better if it could match you to imaginary characters too.

So with that in mind i wondered whether there is existing software out there for facial recognotion that could be configured to a database of photos that i compile. I wanted to get this done by next year for another charity event we are holding.

Any ideas?

2. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

yeah, ive used my heritage.com before, i supposedly look like the result of Janet Jackson and David Beckhams child.. but ive never heard of anything like that, ill search around... ill get back to you.

EDIT": sorry man, cant find anything.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  3. moran73

moran73 Member

no problem - thanks for looking & getting back to me

4. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

yeah... no prob, still sorry tho. that is a cool idea, to recognize the face with a cartoon character.

Id be a mix of Goofy and Betty Boop ;-) hehe.

5. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

you wont believe it, but they say i look like Jon Bon Jovi!

6. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

It would require some manual programming to make it recognize cartoon characters. Facial-recognition software looks at key elements of the face as subcomponents that stand out - in a sense, it's like the autofocus on a camera, locking onto a certain point. FR just uses many points and correlates their relation to each other. I suppose if you took, say, Homer Simpson and used some reference points on his nose, etc. you could establish a pattern. However, I really don't think too many real-life humans would look enough like Homer to trigger an software anything close to a match.

7. elasu3

elasu3 Guest

ummmmm.
    well.

i agree. lol