1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fahrenheit 9/11 What's all the fuss about?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by agent-k, Jul 9, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]Since America is really divided in Bush/Moore lovers and haters it is hard to say 'we back America up all the way', because who is America?[/bold]

WE are America and that is the beauty of America, you don't have to agree with your neighbor. We may not all agree on the issues but it doesn't divide us as a country. On that we ALL agree.

BTW, if you think Bush is a poor leader, being from Tennessee, Al Gore's home state, I know Al Gore and if he had been president we would be in a much bigger mess. In fact, he didn't even win his own home state, what's that tell ya?

And, to go one step further, I'd rather have Gore as president 10 to 1 over John Kerry, that man has the moral fiber of a cobra and has yet to make a stand on any issue without oscillating back and forth..
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  2. Xian

Xian Regular member

In viewing any of Moore's works you need to realize that he is only showing what supports his views. I find his books more researched than his movies and they do raise some valid questions. "Dude, Where's My Country" covers many of the topics raised in Farenheit 9/11 but has a lot more references so you can research them objectively and see if you draw the same conclusions he does.

I know for a fact that he was right on target in some of his claims in "Stupid White Men". In one part he talks of the purging of the Florida voter rolls in 2000 and overeager efforts of disenfranchising voters. Katherine Harris led the effort and instructed the contractor they hired to purge the voter rolls of convicted felons and thousands of voters were denied the right to vote because they had similar names to convicted felons or a similar social security number. It turned out that most of the disenfranchised voters were still eligible, but they did not have enough time to contest it. Some were not even aware that their basic constitutional right to vote had been stripped from them until they were turned away at the polls. I was living in South Florida the previous three years before the 2000 election. One of my ex-coworkers was denied the right to vote for the above reason, his name was similar to a convicted felon. Another had a misdemeanor marijuana possesion on his record and but was put on the list as a felon. No effort was made to ensure that the they were the same person or that they really were convicted felons - an 80% match on name or social security number was considered sufficient. Even the election commissioner of Madison County, FL was denied the right to vote since her name appeared on the list of felons.
    An excerpt of that chapter of Moore's book is at:
    http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Michael_Moore/Very_American_Coup_SWM.html

I try to remember that any argument has 2 sides. Moore is only interested in presenting his side. If he raises questions in your mind, then do the research yourself. I don't agree with a lot of what he says but I am not just going to discard and refuse to listen to his opinion just because some of his actions doesn't appeal to me personally. As I said above, some of the questions he raises are valid, but if you are looking for objectivity on his part then you are not going to get it. It's kind of like expecting Faux News to be "fair and balanced" when their idea of that concept is to find someone else on the other side that agrees with their view and present them as the opposition.

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

HaaaHMMMM, I think Canada was on the front line instantly helping out. I can remember police, firefighters and helicopters flying down to bring injured up to some of our hospitals. We are currently sending firemen to Florida to help out in all the hurican stuff as well.

Also about the assult weponds ban, I heard funny joke on Daily show, that Iraq has been using assult weponds very effectively to hold back a really strong ocuping force. Ya I know its cruel and in very poor taste about the suffering and hard work of the American troops that are over there. But is a true statement in support for having guns that others here have brought up. THe problem with lots of guns is you start an arms race. See Dr. Strangelove to get an idea of that.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I love that movie, Peter Sellars' characters are a riot! I laugh just thinking about it! ;)

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Whooo-Rayyy Canada !

It surly wasn't always that way. I can even remember a song writen and performed by Canadians about how they hadn't ever helped America. It was back in the late 70's, It's nice they have changed their attitude. Later is always, always better than never !

"P"

6. michigan

michigan Guest

The song is by Tex Ritter

7. john179

john179 Active member

Hey agent-k i love America to and yes if it was not for the US we probably would not be here today.Yes Tony Blair is a Knob totally agree with you there.One thing though ive been in the Army and are boys are trained much better than American soldiers.We fight harder and don't loose modern war battles so we are as important to America as they are to us.Ive seen both sides and trained with both American soldiers and British soldiers and the better soldier is British as we don't base everything on fire power tatics come in to it as well.But America and England are now the total force when you put them together and people know that.The French well we all know they are a bunch of puffs who would probably neel to Bin Larden rather than finish the fight.God bless America and England as they both have the guts to stick up for right and wrong.Personally i believe Blair has something going on with Bush.
    America and England become more of the same each day and if we were situated where mexico or Columbia is we would all be part of America now.Thats his how good the relationship between the two countries are and this is not just at the top.It goes all the way down the line as when 9/11 happened it was like it happened in London.When they kick off with Amreica they kick off with England to and vise versa coz between us were the best.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The Greatest football team in the world
    Asus A7V8X-X XP2800+,2x120gb,1.5gb Ram
    Ati 128mb Graphics,Lite-on 411S NEC 2510A
    os windows xp sp1[/small]

8. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I think I agree with just about everything you said John.
    I said to my wife a few years ago about moving to the states to live and she was happy with it, the biggest thing that put me off was the gun culture.
    It is very difficult for the British to emigrate to the U.S, they don't like giving us visa's and the like. Which I don't understand considering our relationship.
    I recently found out that we shouldn't have too much of a problem getting permits because my wife was born in Singapore, although it was to British parents that were in the army and stationed there.
    There's a program on the telly next tuesday about the americans love for guns which I'm going to watch.

You better batton down the hatches and fill up the moat John 'cos this one's going to open up a whole new debate.

9. john179

john179 Active member

Don't worry mate i have 3 instances close to my heart which show why the British soldier is better trained than the American soldier.I don't mean to cause any offence either as like you i love America.Five to ten years time from now England will be gun city as well just that they will not be legal.Meaning most who have they have for a purpose.

By the way i mentioned in one of your other threads my wifes uncles ex wife won 3.5 million on the lottery.She has family in the states and is planning to move to LA but has had her problems being allowed the move.So it happens to those who have money as well which is good as no one is being singled out which is good about America.In some countries you have to have a bit a put a side to get in.So at least America treats everyone even which is good yeh.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

10. john179

john179 Active member

Hey Agent-k i believe US just GOT hamered the in the Ryder cup and the English was the last to put the last winning ball in.See they can't do everything alone.Now England and the US would have wiped the floor with the rest of Europe.

11. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Golf.!
    What a load of balls...!

12. john179

john179 Active member

Tell me about it never watch just try to keep up with the sports news.Football is my main love big night tomorrow Liverpool home.Hopefully Rio to start and Rooney on the bench heres hoping.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE IT IS PEOPLE THAT USE THE GUN THAT KILLS!!!!!!

Hahaha lol sorry about that but nah I don't see how guns would effect us if we have them or don't have them to be honest.I would assume that since we do have guns that the crime rate increases.The other thing would be protecting yourself.If a person breaks into your home what is your reaction to this person that breaks into your home.I would be thinking kill this person.The first reaction would be to kill this person in a heart beat for the fact that there is a stranger you don't know what is capable of doing could actually harm you or anybody else.I don't know guns can kill a person,but so what there are probably a million things that can kill a person also.I haven't seen the movie Fahrenheit 9/11 and probably won't either.The movie is not necessary I think pretty much all movies are not necessary they are for enjoyment.If you are gonna go watch something go watch something you like not something with politics unless that makes you happy.

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The reason I said we assume that the crime rate increases is because of how the people react to having guns.I am talking about big countries that have a high crime rate anyways.I don't see why Fahrenheit 9/11 would be a fuss anyways since there is terrorism all over the country.If you watch TV the news then you will see there are more conflicts of terrorism than just 9/11.I was recently watching the news and there was something on about russian terrorists taking over a school.I can assume that terrorists are never gonna stop that is like trying to stop war.It can't be stopped and that is what keeps us in check.I can tell you all this though we definately woke up because of what happened from 9/11.

15. john179

john179 Active member

Yep L-Burna we all woke up at 9/11 the biggest mas killing in years through a terrorsist act.We can do something about it how do you think Sadam got caught and that shit Bin Larden will be next and so on.We have all played hide and seek and we all know you can only play for so long before you get caught.What did America do so wrong to deserve this nothing.It all comes down to B__l sh__t religion in the end.I believe in god and this is my holy land.But we are all normal people where i live and conduct ourselves that way.

Problam with some bluddy countries they don't they think Alar belongs to them and what they teach is right.They need to grow up and sort themselves out there has been to many lifes lost.Not just in the belief of Alar many like him.If Alar is a god he would not want all this death and destruction.Sorry if i keep mentioning Alar as he is the only other i can think of as God.

Main thing to do as the US and UK are the only ones to do is hunt them down.If caught i say string them up by the balls and give them a long suffering death.
    This will never help them people suffering from terrorist acts but may be used as a do not do warning to others.Terrorist are cowards who hide behind there cause and scared of coming out and fighting for there cause properly.For all those sucide terrorists i would gladdy blow them away to save lifes.

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I agree with john179,but instead of stringing those bastards up by the balls.We should hand them over to the Iran peeps.I am sure they have some off the wall gualla gualla torture techniques.I also like the way you said this right here man

Yeah man I agree and in my honest oppinion.If I had the chance to save hundreds of civilians,but risking my life.I would do it and have no remorse whatsoever.If you think about it,and it really happened to you come on you would risk your life if you already knew there is chance you are going to die also.I would have to tried to stop the terrorists,because like you said what is the worse that can happen you die from gunshot or you die from plane crash.I say they deserve the worse punishment of all which should be similiar to hell for them.I can't believe though on the news they started showing what we where doing to prisoners.I can't figure out how that is suppose to help us out,but not to mention screw our prisoners over that are captured.

17. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I agree with john179,but instead of stringing those bastards up by the balls.We should hand them over to the Iran peeps.I am sure they have some off the wall gualla gualla torture techniques.I also like the way you said this right here man

Yeah man I agree and in my honest oppinion.If I had the chance to save hundreds of civilians,but risking my life.I would do it and have no remorse whatsoever.If you think about it,and it really happened to you come on you would risk your life if you already knew there is chance you are going to die also.I would have to tried to stop the terrorists,because like you said what is the worse thing that can happen you die from gunshot or you die from plane crash.I say they deserve the worse punishment of all which should be similiar to hell for them.I can't believe though on the news they started showing what we where doing to prisoners.I can't figure out how that is suppose to help us out,but not to mention screw our prisoners over that are captured.

18. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Sorry for the multiple posts,wasn't trying to do that.It was just a glitch or something.

19. john179

john179 Active member

No problem mate tottally agree all terrorists are wa__kers and totally desrve death in the worst possible way.

20. juggalo

juggalo Member

Torture them? that's a good...that's a good idea. Like that one.

[​IMG]