1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fahrenheit 9/11 What's all the fuss about?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by agent-k, Jul 9, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I've got two things to say about terroists(quote from one of our congressman):

"If hooking up an Iraqi prisoner's scrotum to a car's battery
    cables will save one American GI's life, then I have just two
    things to say:

"Red is positive"
    "Black is negative"

2. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Yea can I supply the Die Hard battery and the heavy
    duty cables ? or is that die soft ?

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I have a couple of cables with quite a "Bite" :)

4. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Well after all the controversy I started with this thread, I'm going to watch the movie today.
    It came out on Dvd release this morning so I went down the video shop and picked it up.
    I will post my opinions of the movie later and this thread will probably kick off all over again.

5. john179

john179 Active member

I think i will have to watch this one myself.

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Now that its out on DVD, I will have to watch it as well.
    Good to see we got off jumper cable discussions :)

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

OK,

The DVD came out and I made my vote.

On November 4th my vote will be counted. All is said and done. When the votes are all counted and recounted then counted again we'll see what we'll see.

Cheers all,

Pete

8. john179

john179 Active member

Votes for what Pete is there something big going on in the States at the minute.Well there is a bigger fight going on in England at the moment trying to keep Utd a plc.

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yep, we're voting for president - Many are hoping it will show Bush where the door is -

Cheers,

Pete

10. Xian

Xian Regular member

Hmm Pete, I hope my vote is counted on November 2nd, not the 4th.

I will probably go and vote early today. I wasn't able to vote in 2000 because I was sent out of town on business 2 days before the election, after the cutoff date for early voting.

Back on topic, I saw F9/11 the other day. It didn't have anything new in it to me since I had already read "Dude, Where's My Country?" which covers many of the same topics but more in depth as I had mentioned earlier in this thread. I don't really like Moore that much, but he does have some valid points even if only half of what is in the movie is not exaggerated to express his point of view.

To be honest, I don't like either canidate. I am also very disatisfied with the direction the country has headed the past few years and that is the main factor that I will base my vote on. The sad part is that when you have to choose between the lesser of two evils, evil still wins.

11. john179

john179 Active member

Poloticians are all the same and it is only now and then you get the odd one come through who really does make a difference.I would leave Bush in charge and make him clear his own mess up.Kerry is not one of the odd ones who will make a big difference.He will just spend the next 4 years blameing Bush for the mess and not really doing anything about it.America is a big place to run and in all truth maybe two big for both men but at least Bush now realises how big a job it is.Where as i think Kerry is not strong enough to lead such a big country.Put it this way if the truth be told i would not let niether run Man Utd as i enjoy watching my team play in the top league.

12. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Well i guess you have the rest of this season left!!

PS> I agree with you on Bush tho John.

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]Many are hoping it will show Bush where the door is -[/bold]

Hopefully it's the same door he's been using the last 4 years. I'm not a big Bush fan, but anything is better than Kerry. One thing about him you gotta admit tho, he agrees with everybody! LOL

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Xian,

We see eye to eye on just about everything, 1/2 the movie was anything, Moore sucks, we've been headed in the wrong direction for awhile, My son and his children (he hasn't any yet) will be paying for this "Bad Boy" for sometime to come -

Sorry I had the date wrong, as I said. I cast my vote last week and they'll open it and hopefully count it (unless there's a "Bush" involved to ensure that 1-man, 1-vote doesn't work for Democrats). Being a cripple has advantages I guess, if voting early is an advantage ?? I voted early last time and lQQk where we are now -

No, there's no good choice but If I thought Bush would clean up his own mess, as my buddy John thinks, I'd vote for him, seems he's good at shoveling his mess to other's door though. To this day, no weapons of mass destruction as he assured us there were and were about to be released against us in mere days - Can I come out from under my desk now ?

(Of course everybody else was to blame but him)

Me, I've raised enough mess with this post - we'll see what the minority votes for, like we did last time -

NEWS FLASH: Florida voting machines were tested recently and you guessed it, their messed up more than they were last time -

(Huuuummm, Go figure, Huh ?

15. john179

john179 Active member

Hey there Scuba always good to read your post mate.To be honest mate i don't rate any of the guys going for the hot seat.There both very weak just like Blair in our country.I just see Kerry as the weaker one.If we look at some of the mess the weaker leaders cause i think Bush is not quite as weak as Kerry.9/11 and the athgan and iraq war were all a little silly.If you look towards the fact that we sold many of the weapons to some of these countrys and trained those who now appose us now.

We are great at making trouble for ourselfs which comes from weak leaders looking to make a fast buck.Well a fast buck may not have been the Direct cause of many good American people loosing there lifes in 9/11 but it is one of the things that added to 9/11 happening.I just hope they have learnt from there mistake sad that those inocent lost in 9/11 will not be around to watch them learn from there mistakes.My thoughts are with those lost and there family's.Personally i would vote for neither as there both plonkers and would not trust either leading such a great country.Still by voting none makes no difference as one is still going to get in to the hot seat.

16. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I don't like Bush and think the USA will be scarry if he wins. But I also hate Kerry, he just cant comit to anything. The way the USA is it needs help and Kerry will make it worst. Bush might make things bad or might help a little hard call.

If I had to vote I would spoil my ballot. Or vote for one of those extreme parties that will never get in. As in the Prohibition party. Or the green party.

17. john179

john179 Active member

I use to think like that i don't normally vote now to try and save the tax payer a little money on the paper.We have got labour conservetive liberal and the green party and none are worth a vote.God help us and you think you got it bad in the US we have got the muppet show here in the UK.Everyone know Thatcher was miss piggy and were making are way through the rest now.

18. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

How many of you believe the US government decided to invade Iraq because of the "Weapons of mass destruction" threat?
    How many of you believe the US government entered WW2 and finally decided to send troops to Europe to save the European's asses?

19. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

The USA was dragged into WWII by the Japanese.
    If the Japanese hadn't got them involved we would all be driving Volkswagen Beetles now.
    And eating Wiener Schnitzel.

20. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

"...we would all be driving Volkswagen Beetles now."

Could you define "we" and "all"?