1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

failed downloads in kazaa

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Kimmydean, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Kimmydean

Kimmydean Member

I read someone else's post about failed downloads in kazaa. They were having the exact problem as me, every song they tried to download came up as "failed" it said in the help section that my disk space is probably full, so i erased probably half hte songs i had and checked and i have plenty of disk space left. That persons solution was that they didn't have a firewall turned on, once they turned it on it worked. So I tried that but I don't know alot about firewalls under the firewall section and the only thing that was on, was under then incoming ports (I really don't know what that means) I tried to turn on the socks5 proxy server, but i don't know the host or port, there was a host name and a portin there already but now it says its wrong. So how do i find out my host, and port? or what other possible solutions would there be to my kazaa problem if that isn't it?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Check the port you are connecting on. Also, some ISP's can block certain ports and prevent Kazaa downloads.

3. Kimmydean

Kimmydean Member

How do I check the port I am connecting on and once I do, what do I do with that? How can i check the ISP's and if that is the problem how do I make them not block downloads?

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Completely remove kazaa and install kazaa lite http://www.k-lite.tk

There are a few reasons for this, blocked ports is not one because it couldnt connect without port 1214, capped ports is possible but then u might get connected and have searching all the time!

It is usually a corrupted installation or you dont have full access rights on the machine you are using!

5. Kimmydean

Kimmydean Member

I downloaded Kazaa lite, it is doing the same thing. I can search for anything, but whenever I try to download it, that is when the "failed" comes up. Except there is one exception, I can download the ones with the gold tabs, other than that nothing. so I don't know if that will help at all but I am really hoping someone has other ideas, because I tried about 3 other music sharing softwares, and none of them were any good! I just want to fix this one!

6. Kimmydean

Kimmydean Member

and just incase this will help, when it started having problems, it just came out of nowhere, on a version of kazaa that i had used for months, so I don't think it was a corrupted installation, and also I am the administrator on my computer so I don't htink that is it either, especially considering it was working fine at one point!

7. Dela

You running a firewall?

8. Kimmydean

Kimmydean Member

no i checked that too, I wasn't. I turned it on just to see if it would help, but it didn't so I put it back how it was.

9. Dela

Right ok, how about a router?? proxy server?? anything??

10. Kimmydean

Kimmydean Member

I don't know, how do I check that?

11. akid

akid Member

I've had the same recent problem and I'm starting to wonder if it's thanks to the music industries crackdown on people who file share. The RIAA is sueing people in the US, but if you live in cananda then you're exempt from them. I'm think that because I was activated as a supernode and share music files that they've banned my IP or something, cause my other IP address on my other computer works fine. I hardly have any mp3's as it is! I can't understand why my downloads fail unless this is the case. Help

12. Dela

What you mean banned your ip?