1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faint sound on VCD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GloryGal, Mar 28, 2003.

1. GloryGal

GloryGal Member

Hello,

I am working on my first VCD. I used SmartRipper, DVD2AVI, then TMPGEnc-2. Finally I wrote the CD with Nero. (Who ever created the online guide did an excellent job! :)

I put the VCD in my DVD player and the picture quality is near perfect, but the sound is very faint. I cranked the volume up all the way and the voices are barely above a whisper. My question:

Because this is my first attempt, I did not want to waste an expensive CD-R and I used a low quality one. (I expected to make a few mistakes. ) Can the poor sound be solely a result of the cheap CD-R or could I have possibly missed an important step?

I am about to embark on another attempt and was wondering if I should use the good stuff this time around. I couldn't find low sound quality in my forum search and I apologize if this question has been already addressed.

(BTW...When played on my computer, the sound is at the correct volume. )

2. adg

adg Guest

In TMPGEnc you can crank the volume up, push it to over 200% and click the use sound settings button.