1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantastic Site

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by sirius60, Nov 20, 2004.

1. sirius60

sirius60 Member

I've been awake for almost three days....with a few hours sleep inbetween. Playin DVD stuff and its all down to this site.
    I can do things i didn't have the slightest clue about a couple of weeks ago... i'm not saying i very often know what i'm doing, but i keep getting the desired results.
    So to everyone who contributes to it.... thanks :)

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Aye another convert!

Glad you're enjoying the site and welcome aboard :)

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3 days eh? it gets better, much better when you start to learn how to do things in more complicated but with better results ways. All of a sudden those little problems you had in the past with this stuff, seem to fade away :) Then you know what you do? spread the word, post replies to questions on forums etc :) It's a never ending cycle! :)

4. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Yeah the amount of cool stuff i can do know afterdawn is like a hobby and its great cause not only do you learn but you get to help other people aswell.

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

Yup, I can now do things with ease. Well in my field of swap magic and slide. I don't know bt hard drives or other swap methods. But it rocks, and you really get a good feeling when someone thanks you for helping them out. Great stuff, this is my most frequented forum.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That's what has kept me coming back :)

7. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

can you borrow money on here??.....lol

8. CG_Gurl80

CG_Gurl80 Guest

lol, I very much doubt that!

9. bardie

bardie Regular member

This is one of the best forum sites I have visited.
    The help out there is fantastic.
    My knowledge now of DVD issues etc has increased beyond all that I had ever imagined.
    I seem to be on this site many hours of the day now, and am always keen to have a quick look when I drift past my computer.
    Thanks everyone for the help so far.
    Pete

10. kinza

kinza Regular member

ditto

11. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

It becomes a bit of an obsession :) The forums are very addictive, I spent most of my high school life on forums, mainly afterdawn :)

Thing about AfterDawn is it just keeps growing, the traffic has just jumped all of a sudden and the forums are far more active now than even. Alexa has afterdawn as 5056 in its ranking at the moment, when most sites dont even reach 100,000. New milestones are being met regularly and new challanges, more expansions etc are to come in 2005 :) Lets all work together to make this the biggest and best tech site it can possibly be eh? :) We can do nothing only benefit from its growth.

I have some new content for you guys in 2005 btw :) January will be a big month for new content and of course, updating the old stuff :) I also plan to start using forums a bit again to try to advertise AfterDawn to AfterDawn users ;-) lol

Well looking forward to see where we go in 2005 :) With users like you guys and mods like Nephilim, It should be a pretty interesting year :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  12. mattF099

mattF099 Member

even though im listed as a newbie everytime i turn on my computer or go on the internet, my first thought is [bold]"I wonder if anything happened on Afterdawn?"[/bold]. Great site. I have found the answers to everything computer related in the forums and the news seems to revolve around my intrests. Thank you Afterdawn, The only suggestion i could make is a portion of the forums devoted to linux topics, and software.

13. macey

macey Guest

Yep i think After Dawn is the computer god for me, before accidently stumbling apon this site i was asking for help with pc troubles in yahoo chat, pfft, i go for weeks to get an answer and mostly, there from little jerks that run me around the mill. i am really glad that there is a site dedicated to help from people who accually know what their doing, thanks a lot! i know i have a lot to learn but i know i have allready learn't alot...
    Thanks, mmmacey.