1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry, backup

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by samurai85, Sep 5, 2004.

1. samurai85

samurai85 Member

Hi, I have created an image for all five discs of Far Cry using alchol 120, one of the older versions, but I had created the it on general protection setting by accident and burnt all five images to a dvd using a HP 200j burner. Every time I try to install the game using the emulation on Alcohol, the installation fails after I have get up the fourth cd, it fails always at a certain point when installing from the fourth CD. I have guessed it has somehitng to do with protection, but I was hoping someone can help, is there anyway I can install the game from the five images on the DVD disc I created.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You shouldn't need to emulate anything to install the game as far as I know. Any particualr reason to back up all five discs to DVD? It'd be cheaper and more efficient to install from the originals then back up just the play disc :)

I'd be inclined to say it was either a bad burn that resulted in corrupt data at the point where it keeps failing or some sort of install error relating to all the files being on a single disc instead of five.

3. samurai85

samurai85 Member

Yeah but I didnt burn all the five discs contents to a DVD, u burnt each disk as an imsage to the DVD, and I used Alcohol to emulate the images, but I cannot install it after disc 4 for some reason, I dont think it is bad DVD burning because I have copied all the images back onto my hard disk and tried to install it. But anyways, thanks for the help....

4. ren97

ren97 Member

there is some sort of copy protection on data3.cab located on disk 4, you can't use a program to rip it, just copy it directly of the disk. If you put every cab in the directory of disk 1, it should install smoothly. very ingenious copy protection. Copy protection on the 1rst disk and one file (data3.cab) on the 4th disk.

5. Nephilim

How is it that I ripped it then?

6. ren97

ren97 Member

It depends what you used to copy it. If you used a program that ingnores or decrypts safedisk 3.02 on the first disk and what ever is on data3.cab on disk 4. But the way I explained is much easier and works perfectly. All samurai85 has to do is borrow disk 4 from a friend or contact me and maybe I can get him the file, he just needs data3.com off disk 4 and their set.

7. Nephilim

That doesn't make any sense. I used BW5 on the play disc and Nero for the remaining four and had no problems.

8. ren97

ren97 Member

Actually it makes perfect sense, bw overlooks safedisk 3.20 and nero works fine for the other disks. I was simply trying to help samuri with his problem. But for some reason everytime I check this forum the worst forum moderator in existance argues with me some reason. I don't know what your problem is, but forums are for helping others not flaming each other. You should be a moderator! I'm sure you'll edit this post and ban me but that's ok because i will never look at this forum again.

9. Nephilim

What do you mean "every time". You have three posts to our forum, all in this thread. Are you an old friend back under a new nick?

It appears you're the only one with a problem. I asked one question and made one observation to which you twisted off and accused me of flaming.

???????

Overreacting a bit aren't we?

10. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Woah, was just browsing the recently updated threads, and although I can't help, someone needs to calm down. I'm talking about you ren. Its a two way street around here bro, show some respect for your elders. He was just offering some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, he wasn't trying to have a personal attack at you.

11. highRpowR

highRpowR Member

Actually, that IS your problem... Nero is a great program dont get me wrong, i always use it for music cds, and vidio cd's...
    Best bet, check out GameXcopy, or Alcohol, then burn on a good quality cd, at a SLOW speed setting, and hope you have the best quality cd burner.
    there are ways to burn even if you burner isnt up to date, dude was right, something with the .cad file. Good luck