1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry CD to DVD

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by samurai85, Sep 7, 2004.

1. samurai85

samurai85 Member

Can anyone plz help me, I have tried searching many Forums on how to backup Far Cry's 5 cds to DVD but have had no luck in finding any information useful. Can someone plz tell me exactly or direct me to somewhere where I can find out how to back up the 5cd's of Far Cry to DVD even if it isn't a perfect back up, but will still install the game. Thanks!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

As far as I know it ian't feasible unless you can rewrite the install code to look for the files on one disc instead of several.

3. Barret11

Barret11 Member

I suggest making cd images in blindwrite and then burning the images with a copy of daemon tools and the crack.

4. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Did this for doom 3 pretty easily, as far as the install code goes, couldn't you just download MaSai (MSI editor) and tell it not to prompt for disc insertion? Bit more to it, but i haven't been able to do it either...

5. Reflector

Reflector Member

ok, this may be hard to believe, but I i have MANAGED TO DO IT! i did change the install code, and i even managed to make it a 1:1 copy, even though i didnt burn it with any settings. Before i explain how, i need to have somone reply and someone to tell me how to take "on screen" shots of like desktop activity.
    BTW, this took me 4months to figure out :O). so wen somone replies, i'll post how i did it!

Thx advanced

6. Reflector

Reflector Member

oh, and i forgot to add, yes it was 5 cds---> 1 dvd, not dvd 2 dvd

7. Nandotron

Nandotron Member

Hi there, I'm shamefully ignorant when it comes to this stuff so you'll have to be a little patient with me. Basically I've got Far Cry installed on my Pc and have it so that i can play it without the dvd. Now is it possible to just copy the far cry folder to a blank dvd-r and have a working back up. I guess the answer is probably 'no' but interested in learning about some of the concerns involved. Is it possible to do using a combination of other pograms etc? I'm not sure if its any use but i have Roxio Easy cd and dvd creator 6. Ideally i'd like to be able to copy it straight from my Hard Drive to the blank dvd. Well thanks a lot for your patience...

Reflector... try this... when you are on the window you want to get a screenshot of, hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard... this should copy that screen to the clip board... then open a blank page in mspaint or whatever similar package you prefer, and right click and paste, or hit ctrl + V... at least i think that should work...

8. Reflector

Reflector Member

hey Nandotron, ok first about getting far cry off ur hard drive....shouldnt u have the orignal discs? and if so, is it the dvd version or cd. either arnt to hard to bak up, but to answer ur question. ive also tryed to do that to some games, some have worked, others havnt, but it wont be playable off the disc (at least mine werent) my best addvice at the moment it to get a dvd-rw and burn the folder on there using nero or roxio. Also, r u talking about soping it off the hard drive or the dvd itself? ok, and one other thing, wheres the print button?!?!?!?

9. Nandotron

Nandotron Member

print screen button is to the right of the f12 button... the original dvd of the game i have is too badly scratched to work anymore, so i need to try to backup to dvd-r from the hard drive

10. Reflector

Reflector Member

ok,well like i said the only way to see is to try. it SHOULD fit on the dvd, it said it was 3.XXgbs on my pc. uve got the programs so giv it a try, i will try myself soon yeh, thx for the thing, i shall start a toutorial for cd--->dvd for farcry let me know if ur copy works

11. prince007

prince007 Member

Hey Nandoton,

Everytime I try to play Far cry, I keep getting the error messagre " please insert the correct DVD rom, select ok and restart application". A friend made me a copy on to a dvd. how did you play without using the dvds?? do you need a patch????please I need help, I just got it today and I cant play it.

12. Nandotron

Nandotron Member

yes there are certain sites that will give you a replacement .exe file for the one on your hard drive after you have fully installed the game, however it might not apply in your case as you need to own the game before you are allowed use them