1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FarCry dvd backup

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by MaxForce, Sep 5, 2004.

1. MaxForce

MaxForce Member

I bought my copy of FarCry on DVD. When I came to back it up, I realised that my dvd burner may not be up to the task. Normally I backup games using my Lite-On 52327s cd burner and my games are normally are in cd format. Can I back this game up using my Pioneer 106d ?? Should I have bought this one in the 5 cd set ?? My Lite-On can't back up Doom 3 which has the same version of SafeDisc 3.20.022 anyway. So am I stuck ?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*thread moved*

What software have you been using?

You ran the DVD version through A-Ray and it said 3.20.022? My CD vesion has 3.15 on it. They must've ramped it up.

I tried like heck to get the DVD version of Far Cry to test backing up a DVD game but none of the stores in my area carried it so this is new territory for me :)

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

No because a dvd burner can't write in RAO DAO (16& 96) mode m8. FarCry dvd version is Safedisc 3.20.022 cd protected. If you had no luck backing up Doom 3 then you won't have any luck backing up FarCry (dvd version) FarCry pc version I believe is Safedisc 3.15 :)

4. MaxForce

MaxForce Member

Nephilim, I used A-Ray scanner. I'm almost tempted to hire the cd version and back that up. Since I can't copy my legally purchased dvd format copy. But, I guess, I can't. I'll just look to buy the cd version of games next time. Thanks for the info too Shoey.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

No prob MaxForce.

Shoey how are the reports for using the Plextor PX-708A on DVD titles?

6. apcarr147

apcarr147 Member

I have managed to back up farcry on dvd with my old
    liteon 411s@811s & alcohol 1.9.2.1705. The only thing is you have to mount the game on virtual drive to play it. You must also remove / un-install clone cd as its black listed & will tell you that emulation software is installed.