1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fast dvd copier

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by devlin, Feb 20, 2006.

1. devlin

devlin Guest

heres my situation.
    i have a 2.2ghz computer and dvd drive plextor(i just order a 3.2ghzt i'll tell you why)

okay i'm burning episodes onto a 4.7 dvd-r ..but it takes 5 hours!(i'm using nero 7)
    it just takes too long.

i'm making duplicates of the same dvd(same episodes) but it takes long to make another copy.

do i need a faster computer like a 3.2 ghtz? will that shorten the hours?

or do i need a dvd copier so i can burn a disc then make a copy faster?

what do i need to do?

i want to reduce time thats all

i'm thinking a fast computer will burn more disc in little time.
    or do i need fast dvd copier

please. help. i checked another thread like this. but i have 2 questions.

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

having a faster processor helps but you might want to concider more memory aswell... also a SATA 2 hard drive and a nice fast expensive DVD writer all play there part

3. devlin

devlin Guest

well thats good about the processor because i'm getting 3.2ghz. about the SATA 2 hard drive i might get that. and what kind of memory should i get too. well about the dvd writer which one is the best?

thank you

4. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

How much mem do u have, also what proccesor are you getting an Intel or AMD Athelon

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2006
  5. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Just incase you didn't know

AMD=DDR Memory
    Intel=DDR2 Memory

And i would get atleast a Gig ....You can get it for like 100 at tigerdirect.com

6. devlin

devlin Guest

7. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

I don't think you can add memory to that computer...Check if has dual channel support(If it can support 2 sticks of RAM)
    If not you are going to have to take it out and put in DDR2 memory,It can cost like 100 USD at tigerdirect.com for a Gigabyte..which i say is a good bit of RAM

8. devlin

devlin Guest

i found a 1gb ddr2 for $72 total price. so if i buy this it will make what faster? my downloads my burning if so i'm getting it. thank you guys. please more information.

9. devlin

devlin Guest

i just found a 2gb for $156 so adding this to that new computer 3.2ghz will really make my burning fast.

10. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

well i mean it will help it alot but you might want to get i good dvd burner that has good right speeds too

11. devlin

devlin Guest

which one is the best out there since i just burn dvd-r only. i like those because they are viewable on my dvd player.

12. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

I'm not sure about that.....you might want to ask that in the DVD ripping forums

13. bigt1

bigt1 Guest

I only have a 2.66g cpu 256m 80g hd benq 1640 burner. It only takes on avg of 19 min to put a 8.2g movie on my hard drive and 24 min to burn to a dl disc. With shrink it takes about 17 min to do just movie only then 7 min to burn. Your system you've already have should do close to mine.

14. devlin

devlin Guest

damn thats good. right now i'm looking at the
    SONY DVDIRECT VRD-MC1 i might get it today. it records at16x dvd-r thats what i need too. i might get it. bigt1 i dont know what why i'm not burning like you man. that sucks i'm glad i got a new computer.

15. bigt1

bigt1 Guest

Also I only burn at 4x single and double layer.