1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faster Burns

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by AnXan, May 11, 2004.

1. AnXan

AnXan Member

I have been off the scene for a little while. I am curious to know if there are any decent burners that actually burn faster than what the media is rated for? I know back in the days of CD's even if it was rated for 12x you could easily burn it at 24x with hardly ever a problem. This doesn't seem to be true with DVD's however. I am interested in finding out if there are any DVD Burners out there that actually will burn the discs faster than they are rated at?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Even if you could, it wouldn't get you anywhere. DVDs don't take to higher speeds like CDs do. I've run into some compatibility problems when burning at 8X that were solved simply ratcheting the speed down to 4X.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Yes indeed, faster burns (that go wrong) can result in some really peculiar problems (most commonly desynchronizing it seems)

:)

4. AnXan

AnXan Member

Thanks for the reply's. I figured that it probably wouldn't be possible, but it was worth asking.