1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

faster processor

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by cmoney91, Apr 14, 2007.

1. cmoney91

cmoney91 Regular member

is there another way to get a faster processor for your xbox since FriendTech discontinued their 1480mhz monster. also what about the extra memory at 128mb where could i get those ?

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Faster processor? Forget it.. the company who were doing it went out of business because the average life of "the beast" was 5 weeks!!

The ram upgrade is pretty much a waste of time too.. All the xbox applications have been written for 64MB and don't know how to take advantage of any extra. The mame emulator works a little better but the improvement isn't staggering.
    I did one of mine, and honestly it wasn't worth all the hassle.
    The mod can't be done on a 1.6 box.

I can source and install extra ram for you (but I won't.. this is an example of my modding service).. I charge £80 + parts £20** (** depends on supplier, can be as much as €40) + shipping.. from me to you £18 UK, and variable anywhere else in the world. You must provide a suitable fully working UNOPENED xbox.

Retail bit..
    Modded xbox v1.1-v1.5 with 128MB ram 80GB HDD and xecuter3 (no bios or other software) £250 + 17½ VAT ..no guarantee of a samsung 605b drive The xbox will be sourced and modded on reciept of order.. £50 deposit required...

** all prices subject to change **

Really I suggest googling for the chips.. They are rare and hard to find. I can't guarantee a supply, and find my sources as and when needed. I have done 6 ram upgrades in the last 4 years.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

cmoney91, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

4. cmoney91

cmoney91 Regular member

thanks for the info cuz i wanted to play HD movies in 1080p in xbmc i guess its time to build a media center pc .
    thanks "ddp" for the heads up