1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest program to copy DVD'S

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by chazbmwUS, Jun 26, 2005.

1. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

just a few words from me.

ritek go5 8x disks
    pioneer 108

burn speed 12x weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

I'm using those to at the moment to great effect :)

3. motorcycl

motorcycl Member

There are two free programs that are great for packing up your dvds. Download DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. you can go to this site and get the programs and also the guides that will tell you how to use the software.

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

DVD Decrypter will rip your movie place it on the hard drive and you can then use DVD Shrink to encode and compress your movie and then Decrypter again to burn.

arniebear,
    Will these work on movies recorded off of TV to take out the commercials.

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You can try DVD Shrink in re-author mode, using start and end frames to edit.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I didn't know that arniebear..... thanks......I haven't used Shrink as much now that I'm into DVDRemake and DVDRebuilder Pro to edit my DVD moives and keep the quality up!

6. expresso

expresso Regular member

i never knew dvd decryptor can burn also ? i believed it can only rip the dvd on to the hard drive - i hear about the dvd remake and rebuilder but how excatly does that thing work - i havnt a clue what other programs do you need to make it work correctly - and are the programs free which are needed - ? also finally how much better is the end result - i use shrink and decryptor and clone or nero and the picture is great and sound also - just like the original - unless i have very bad eyesight :) i would love to compare the same movie using the different ways - but i am not too much of a tech. if anyone can show me what programs are needed and if they are free - and then how to use them and set it up to work - thanks

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Here ya go!
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm
    read that and see if you want to get into it..... I know it sound like a lot but the guide show you how it's done and it's easy to set up! I love it..... is it freeeeeeeeee..... well the new Pro verson of DVD-RB is out.... it's good! And I bought it by giving a donation when it was in Beta. you might buy CCE(used in RB) ..... the trial version leaves a logo in the video, but even that isn't expensive

http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremake/index.php
    here is DVDRemake.... this takes the unwanted things out like, splash screens, warnings, and you can even edit menus and such and more! It's all about structure, baby!

with DVDDecrypter, DVDRemake, DVDRebuilder and CopytoDVD you get a great quality DVD...... can you see it? maybe..... but I think it's the best! Maybe all my DVDs will last longer! Who knows. All I know is that I am enjoying it! I also have CloneDVD, DVDXPlat, DVDShrink, and others. I use them all .... they all work for me...... if I have a prob with one I go to the next..... hasn't happened yet with my favorite way to backup! (Decrypt, Remake, Rebuild,and then Copyto!)

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK my 2 cents :)

The question was whats the fastest... Well in all my trials I have InterVideos DVDCopy3 Platinum to be the fastest combined with AnyDVD there really isn't anything faster and it comes close to being as good of quality as CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder)It is the best quality for the so called one click software proggys out there (this one takes 3 clicks) Any one that has used this program can a test to how good it works. Now I will agree with IHoe on using DVDRB w/CCE is the best quality you are going to get, but it is not fast. I only do the really long movies with R/CCE, but you can get pretty darn close with DVDCopy 3 in fact most people will not be able to tell any difference what so ever. Oh yeah DVDCopy 3 cost $80 though, but it is worth it you can get the trial version to try it out if you don't believe me..

Cheers all :)

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

where's the tiral version thread or link...... and you didn't tell me how long it took you from start to finish! I can have a full copy of a 1 1/2-2 hour movie backup in 20mins. with Clonedvd & anydvd together..... I also did it with DVDXCopy Plat!

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I will definitely try that program out! thanks!

12. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

just downloaded and tried out DVDcopy3......Little Black Book was closest movie to my computer desk so I backed up that baby in 13mins...... it was a direct copy on the fly, no temp file writen, 3668Kbs! Movie was a complete success, a 1:1 copy! nice job! I will try this baby out with Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship later today when I have time... I'll let you know my results, then.

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK..
    When I am testing stuff like that I use my 60inch LCD TV and zoom in on the picture. I did this with a LOR disk done in CloneDVD2 and DVDCopy 3 and the difference is pretty obvious :) there where a lot of pixels with the CloneDVD 2 copy, but I couldnt find any with DVD Copy 3. I am actually a little surprised that DVDC3 isn't talked about much here at AD it is so damned good, but I don't think most people want to pay that much for a proggy when they can use DVD Decrypter and Shrink for free.. :)

14. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I'm sold on dvd copy 3,it is my second choice(DVDRB/CCE being my first) in my backing up arsenal.
    The only thing dvdc3 lacks, is decent editing(no start/end frames feature)but this software is first rate in picture quality.
    Ripping on the fly with anydvd running in the background, is the fastest backing up method that I have run across.

my 2 cents

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  15. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ok..... just finished my backup on LOR and it's top notch..... AND THIS PROGRAM IS FIRST RATE FOR QUALITY! I'LL AGREE ON THAT..... burning on the fly..... great..... fast....... took 30mins for LOR to record with great results....... but.......... along with what Jim Dandy said (more editing options)the program doesn't have an option on burning speeds. I couldn't find out what speed it was burning at! I presume that it did the max cause it burned it so fast! OTHER THAN THAT I GIVE IT MY THUMBS UP AND I THINK IT'S A GREAT PROGRAM FOR NEWBIES. I used DVDcopy3 with DVD43 in the background...... works great, with quality and speed! my brother will love it! He'll buy it for sure! Thanks BB.....I never heard this program till you mentioned it! seeeeeee learning new stuff every day! I love aD! and all it's wonderful people to share with!

and Jim Dandy...... you can always add your 2 cents in! We'll take it!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  16. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Thats another thing I failed to mention....no burning speed adjustment.
    You can rip to your HDD instead, and then use the burning program of your choice.I forgot about the burning speed part, because all I use is 4x media. ;)

17. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

just a thought on the Intervideo copy3's speed adjustment issue, can't it be solved by using 2.4x or 4x disc? that is what i do and it seems to burn much slower.

18. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Some firmware will enable your burner to burn media faster than the speed its rated.

19. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Just to throw my preference out there I like CopytoDVD by VSO, it does have burn speed adjustment, but no editing capabilities. So I usually just edit with CloneDVD but use CopytoDVD to burn. The quality is excellent, and the program can be used for a number of other things such as burning CD's. It also integrates with Shrink so all you have to do is pick burn iso with CopytoDVD.

20. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

hi jim, i thought that was not possible for that was the max allow by the disc. guess i was wrong.