1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest program to copy DVD'S

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by chazbmwUS, Jun 26, 2005.

1. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I mentioned that already Mort81 about 20 posts up ^^^ LOL

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Oops, sorry jim, I've been out of town and tryin to catch up on threads. I should have read through. My fault.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I listen to you guys! I know! non the less, you guys give great advise! and I do like DVDCopy3.

4. expresso

expresso Regular member

hi have intervideo dvdcopy3 and i used it to make rip a dvd to my hard drive and it can watch it on my computer that way - but when i burned it to a dvd with dvdcopy3 it dosnt work -- when i put it in the dvd player to watch it on tv - nothing happens - dosnt even load - ? i have done many with shrink - decryptor - clone 2 - and all worked great -
    i dont see what i did wrong - maybe someone here can tell me what i did wrong if i did anything wrong - i wanted to try dvdcopy 3 because i hear that the picture comes out better - ?
    thanks

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Try slowing the burn speed to 4x or slower useing the method jim dandy and I mentioned previously.

6. expresso

expresso Regular member

thanks - but i think i just pass on dvdcopy 3 -- i been burning at the max. which is 8x for me - and i had no problems before - i think i just leave it the way i used to do it - with decrypter - shrink - clone2 - with dvdregion and css free - and i got dvd2one just to play around and see how that works out - shrink if really good because you can check the whole dvd and check to see which audio is the movie and which is just the credits etc. and also which main title is the real title - alot of dvds have more than one main title - hard to tell which one you want if you cant preview it and listen to it -

7. ace50252

ace50252 Guest

I use an memorex to read and a plextor to write. I use anydvd with clone dvd, dvdxcopy, and roxio newest dvd copier. every thing seems to go good most of the time with it. I do get some of those read and write errors or it can't transcode it, so i'll you one of the other softwares. I have seen with this setup only take 20 - 40 min. but did find some movies to longer because of the way they are made, some sort of funky copy gaurd. My system is AMD 64 bit 3200 with a gig of ram.

8. HETRICK

HETRICK Member

I use the same set up as ACE. I have a Plextor 716A and Anydvd. When using CloneDVD I can shrink and burn a normal movie in about 8 minutes. In terms of burning at 16x the burning itself takes 3-4 minutes. I agree with alot of the posts that if you don't have the right burner 4x will get better results. The best copy software which burns the best picture though is Intervideo DVD Copy 3.

9. expresso

expresso Regular member

hi - i keep hearing about intervideo dvdcopy3 as teh best copier -- i burned the dvd files to my hard drive - and it worked on my computer - then i burned the files to dvd with clonedvd2 and come out great - no errors etc. - when i went to play it in a dvd player to watch on tv -
    nothing happened ? didnt even load -- -- i had no problems with the disk before and after this one -- i reburned it after using decrypter and shrink and come out great and works now - so i have no idea what dvdcopy3 does - but the disks dont work for me - i uninstalled the program - if you know of any reasons why it didnt work for me -- also you can remove audio -- you have to just accept whats there - so i am not trilled about that program at all - i have the latest clonedvd 2 and works great with dvdregion + css free :)

10. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

expresso,

Yes you can remove unwanted audio tracks and subtitles with dvdcopy3.

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I love DVDCopy3 and it does a great job! I burn it to the HD and then use CopytoDVD to burn it at 4X! but sometimes I let it go and burn itself! It's fast, and has great quality!

12. expresso

expresso Regular member

how do you remove the audio you dont want with dvdcopy3 ? but most important how come the disk i burned with dvdcopy3 dosnt show --
    dosnt even load - ??

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Click on the blue boxes below property to select/remove audio tracks and subtitles. If the video folder encoded with dvdcopy3 played from the hdd then there must have been a problem with the burning app or set up.

14. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Answer to original question.... What is the fastest program to copy DVD'S? 1ClickDVD Copy seems to be the fastest to me..when it comes to ripping the whole Disc..w/menus etc quality seems good also,as far as a watchable DVD..not going with all the conisuers out their
    ripped the sopranos DVD season 2 disc1 w/dvdshrink took over 1 & 1/2 hrs..was curious so used 1click took 20 mins..with all menus in-tacted & where they are supposed to be..played both on my DVD Playr..could not tell the diff in quality
    except w/dvdshrink u actualy have to use your menu bttn on the remote for those series type DVD's.In shrink all my series DVD's jump into the first episode..with 1click i can choose from the menu that pops up imediately

15. expresso

expresso Regular member

i am not sure what went wrong - but i redone the dvd with decryptor and shrink and burned it with the same program and worked great --
    so i dont know what was wrong - i think i deleted it actually -
    maybe i try it again when i feel in the mood

16. HETRICK

HETRICK Member

Getting back to DVDCopy3. I have two burners so I use one to read and the other to write and avoid having to involve the hard drive altogether. If you can find a good cheap(maybe used) DVD reader and use AnyDVD copying becomes alot simpler and quicker. There are settings buttons in the lower left corner of DVD Copy3 that allows you set the audio.

17. neilchile

neilchile Member

Hey Everyone...

Sounds like most of you are Windows users... I have a Mac G5 Dual 2 gig with 2 gigs RAM and tons of HD space... I always burn at 4x as some DVD players are not as good as others... I use a shareware called "Mac the Ripper" to get rid of encryption and Roxio's "Popcorn" to compress and burn... The whole process takes about an hour for the first copy and about 20 min for each additional copy... I am not a pirate and have only copied about 30 DVDs... I have had problems with "non brand" DVDs... I try to stick with Imation or TDK.... Just thought you might like to hear about my experience....

18. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I appreciate you sharing how things go in the "Mac World" :)

Roxio must work differently with Mac, because that program causes all kinds of conflicts with window programs.

Also your choice in media is a bit questionable, especially the Imation media.JMO

19. neilchile

neilchile Member

Hey...

I've been out of town for a while... I live in Chile and became a Mac user a few years ago... I come from a unix/nt network enviroment. If you need help managing a large corporate network let me know... I have the feeling that most of you are not interested in my experiences with Mac... I won't bother you anymore but will still be checking things out as this is a fantastic source of "real" iniformation...

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

...probably not with Mac-specific stuff as don't think we get many Mac people here (though we might do in the hardware forums, not sure), but certainly anything generic like media etc would be of interest to us around here...

ps i'm also from a Unix environment, though my reasons for being around here are for the DVD forums on PC's as that's one of my hobbies.

Jim_Dandy was simply pointing out what people tend to think of Imation media. one of my fave subjects is bad media, or pointing people away from bad media. welcome to afterdawn, stick around, there's a helluva lot of good info /people here..