1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fat32 error message

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kleeneze, Jun 7, 2004.

1. kleeneze

kleeneze Guest

W 02:07:32 Drive E: (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB

can you help me with this error message I have tried using nero and works with dvd shrink but can't get dvd decripter to copy from hard drive to dvd is there another program I need to download to support this ( fat32 ) file.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

DVD Decrypter burns ISO Image files .. files are over 4GB. What O/S are you running? And if Nero and Shrink work stick to that.

3. kleeneze

kleeneze Guest

does o/s mean xp

4. flip218

Yup Operating System. And if your answer is XP, why are you using FAT32?

5. kleeneze

kleeneze Guest

No idea I had the computer built for me by a mate as I don't know much about them

6. flip218

Well I'm pretty sure ... With a FAT32 system you would have to create video_ts files, then burn with Nero. Which you already know works. Decrypter doesn't burn video_ts files, just ISO. If it does I haven't figured out how yet. So it is best to switch to NTFS, for 2 reasons. 1) You can only run NTFS on XP and Windows 2000(yer in luck!), 2) file size doesn't matter.

So, you can either re-format your hd to NTFS(wipe your entire Hard Drive clean and start over) ... Or, use partition magic 8.0 (converts your FAT32 to NTFS, files are safe).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  7. kleeneze

kleeneze Guest

Excellent thanks for your help.

8. flip218

ur welcome :)

9. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Windows XP/2000/NT can use NTFS, FAT 32 or FAT file systems.
    Windows 98/ME can only use FAT 32 or FAT file systems.

Versions of Windows that can use NTFS have a built in converter or you can use Partition Magic.

One of the biggest problems when people make a upgrade from Win98-ME to WinXP is they skip the part at the beginning where there is the option to convert their drives from FAT or FAT32 to NTFS before installing WinXP.

NTFS file system is what you should be using on XP.
    The only reason to continue to use a FAT or FAT32 file system is if you are also running another OS like Win98-ME or Linux on that computer.

Even after installing WinXP you can convert your FAT or FAT 32 drives to NTFS.
    Open Help and Support and search for Convert NTFS to get complete directions.
    Example:
    Click Start - Run and type.
    Convert C: /FS:NTFS

Before you make the conversion to NTFS.
    It is a good idea to both defragment the drive and run a error check fixing both file system errors and recovery of bad sectors.
    Right click on your drive and select Properties and these options are on the Tools tab.