1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fax Machine Hell

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NicHt, Jul 6, 2007.

1. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

(I have no idea where this thread should go)

I recently moved around some things in my office, I unplugged a hell of alot of things, not thinking I wouldn't be able to put things back right. Moving along, I plugged the cordless phone power back in and it worked fine (I could make call etc.). I then proceeded to plug in the fax machine it had two cables so I put a splitter to give me 3 phone line plugins, as soon as I did this the phone stopped working (all the phones). The cradle that the phone sits in has no phone jack so presumadly it doesn't need one. The base station (the only phone cradle with a phone line going to it) is in another room so I don't see why in the world it would make the phones go out. I tried plugging in the 3 way spliiter and plugging 3 cords into the splitter, but the other ends were attached to nothing. But as soon as I plugged a single wire into the fax machine, boom the phone goes out. The are 3 labels on the 3 jacks on the fax machine.
    -Ext.
    -Line.
    -PG I/F.
    When I plug cables from the 3 way spitter into the 2 plugs labled Ext. And Line. The phone is fine, but as soon as I plug a cable into PG I/F, the phone goes out.
    [​IMG] The 2 plugs on the lest are the ones labled Ext. and Line. when they are plugged in the phones still work fine, the one on the left is just the plug from the fax to the fax's phone.

[​IMG]This is the 3 way splitter.

[​IMG]The back of the fax, this cable is the one that makes the phone go out, labled PG I/F.

Any help on this would be greatly appricated.

~Nicht

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

did you read the manual?

3. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Can't find it XD

4. ddp

don't use the PG I/F. what is the make & model# of the fax machine?

5. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Lmao, Thanks DDP mate, at least you offered the advice that saved me after I was saved :D I found the manual and it said to only use the 'line' jack. So I did, and it worked. I feel so freaken dumb right now :D

Thanks again,

~Nicht

6. ddp

no problem, teach & learn