1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fazor light gun???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Who_U, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Who_U

Who_U Member

hey guys,

i have just picked up an old light gun from an op shop (which i just found out is called a "Fazor" light gun) and it has an ethernet plug on it. i have the latest version of EvoX on my xbox. can i use this on my xbox, or have i just wasted a few bucks?? can i also use it on my computer??????

ta

2. varnull

varnull Guest

an ethernet plug?? are you sure???? It must be from a very specific console if it does.. I would be more likely to think it's a usb device tho it may have an odd plug..

What colours are the wires in the cable.. and how many? (I would guess red, black, white, green, yellow)

3. Who_U

Who_U Member

i tested the plug, and it fits in the back of my router, my xbox AND my PC, which i took to mean that it was an ethernet plug. now, on the internet, i have found that they were made for the PSX and Sega Saturn
    [​IMG]

i have a whole bunch of emus on my xbox, will it work on those? i wanted to use it for the awesome game of HALO!

cheers

Who_U

4. varnull

varnull Guest

I can't remember what a saturn controller plug looked like.. I'm guessing there was an adapter for each console. *looks at ps1 9 pin connector and scratches head* .. I guess it's not going to work.. without finding out exactly the wiring and how to wire it to an xbox plug... and then still guesswork with the psx emulator. Even an xbox lightgun doesn't work with the psx emu.. it's coded for the xbox controller.

hmmmmmm.. not a clue about this one.. sorry..

5. Who_U

Who_U Member

thanks for your response, i think i may have just bought something i cannot use

doesn't matter though, it was only a couple of bucks, though i may still be able to find drivers for it and use it on the pc.

cheers, and thanks for stickin to it.

Who_U ;)

6. varnull

varnull Guest

Aye.. it's an oddball.. google searches bring up no info at all.. I guess it's a bit before the days of t'internet. It must have had a converter box.. because it's not going to work plugged into an ethernet port. I'm thinking maybe there was a box with a compatible plug for the unit with saturn and ps1 leads on the other side maybe?

How many wires in the plug.. and what colour.. we may be able to turn it into a usb device.. then we have a chance.

7. Who_U

Who_U Member

the plug has 10 metal strips, but i am not sure what colour the wires are because the plug itself is sealed and painted gray.