1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedup With Nero 7 Problems And Lack Of Technical Support

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by emailcjk, Feb 18, 2007.

1. emailcjk

emailcjk Member

I have been having one problem after the other with Nero 7. I am not new to Nero, I have been using it for several years now. Nero is unable to burn a 352x480 NTSC DVD correctly. It often fails to exit from memory properly for no reason. Nero Vision fails to save your default settings. There is a bad bussing sound in the audio when adding a transition between video clips in Nero Vision. The size meter in Nero Vision disappears (Goes To Zero) when adding a new video file to the DVD Creation Menu. And the list goes on... I thought that Nero 7.7.5.1 would solve some of these problems but, not only did it not solve them it created new ones. I had to back off on it to Nero 7.5.9.0a, which does not work but at least I can use it to edit my videos. But, when you report these problems to Nero technical support they act like they are not problems at all. They act like it is something that you the user is doing wrong, even though you explain to them that you are not new to Nero and you know how it should be working! And when you finally get them to admit that there is a problem they have no idea how to fix it, when it will be fixed, if it will ever be fixed. They seem to offer almost no support in resolving your problems what so ever. I have had to resort to using third party free software to create DVD's because I can not get these issues resolved through Nero. This is wrong and I should NOT have to be doing this! I paid for my Nero and I should be getting answers to questions. I should be getting help resolving my problems. I'm not using some DEMO version of Nero but, I feel like I am. And I feel like Nero seems to think that I am.

P.S.
    These problems have not been going on for days, weeks, months, but over a year now!!!!! If you are new to Nero or thinking about buying Nero, "WOE UNTO YOU". You had better be a technical guru. But, there in lays the problem, Nero is designed for the None-Technical person.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I would have to agree with much of what you say about Nero Tech Support. I even told them I was having a problem with getting to successive pages during a FAQ search, but they replied they saw no problem.

But, if you want to try to correct some problems, we need to leave Tech Support out of the discussion.

First, many problems are solved by a reinstall of the software--why, I don't know for sure, but it does help in many cases. If you have ever used Nero 6, run the clean tools for that and then the ones for Nero 7. If you have used it for a long time, you might want to run the driver and registry checker tool also. And to be sure, I would probably search the hard drive for any Nero or Ahead folders left. Make sure you have your serial number, of course. Then reinstall and hopefully many of your issues will be solved.

Specifically, Nero does have an option for 352x480 (half D1) video. Is your original file in that format? Most of mine are 352x240 (1/4 D1). Since I haven't tried, I could only think it should work normally. There were some issues the other day about using different D1 sizes and menu problems. If you know of a legal place I could download a 352x480 resolution video, I would be willing to try it.

Where do you hear the buzzing sounds? When previewing or after burning? And is this when you are burning the 352x480 video, or all video?

Does the size meter go to zero if the video being added ends up fitting in the allowed space, or does it require Nero to adjust the quality settings for it to fit? You could try turning off Fit to Disc and see if it makes any difference.

Baby steps--- ;-)

3. emailcjk

emailcjk Member

Yes, I have used Nero 6 and it seemed to work a lot better than 7 does. I always process my videos to 352x480 format using NeroVision. So, when I build the DVD it is already 352x480. The problem has to do with the menu not being highlighted correctly after the DVD is created. Nero Tech. is well aware of this problem and has been for a long time. I can't believe that I am the only person creating 352x480 DVD's. If none of you are give it a try with Nero 7.2.7.0 or later and see for yourself. The buzzing sound is in the video editor of NeroVision only when previewing, I think. And it seems to happen with all video types. The size meter problem is intermittent and will happen at any time. It can happen on the first video you add or when you go over the size limit.