1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

few questions about the options ans settings?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bizzle93, Sep 12, 2004.

1. bizzle93

bizzle93 Member

I have a few questions about some settings.

1. I'm wondering what my custom setting should be for Target DVD size??

another question under preferences File I/O what does the overlapped I/O option do?
    and under that option should I have the read 32kb blocks checked? and what does that do?

Also I was wondering if I un-checked the run backup in low priority mode would help get a better burn.??

and would it help to get a better burn if I turned off the burn at lest 30mm (DVD+R/RW high compatibiliy mode option off? seeing how I am using DVD-R's

and under burn setting I was wondering what the book type DVD-ROM option did?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I set mine to 4300 (but that's me), I believe Shrink's default is 4464 ... so even 4400 would be ok.

I would leave that unchecked ... I recently read a thread about that. Member was getting errors because it was checked.

I say ... leave everything set to default. Change things later if you have problems

3. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi. :)

bizzle93, just to add to flip218's replies:

1) If you use good media you can leave it at 4464MB.
    If you use very reliable media and burn at their certified speed, you could even bump it to 4474MB.
    It sometimes is the difference between a 99.x% compression ratio and "No Compression".
    Not much different in terms of output quality, but psychologically more satisfying. :D

2)
    I'd suggest you try with "Enable overlapped I/O" checked, and see if it increases rip speed, and leave "Read 32KB blocks" unchecked unless you experience problems.

3) Running DVD Shrink in low-priority mode has no effect on the burn quality.
    Its main function is to allow for smoother multi-tasking while DVD Shrink analyses/processes the files.
    It is not recommended to multi-task while burning, so whether you use it or not shouldn't matter then.

4) Unless you intend to burn less than 1GB this option has no effect.
    If you do burn less than 1GB, I'd recommend you leave it checked, just to diminish risks of incompatibilities.

5) The DVD-ROM option is to be used when burning to DVD+R(W).
    It will increase compatibility with some set-top players.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004