1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few questions on M3 Lite regarding, patching, saves etc.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by RSkyDiver, Feb 14, 2007.

1. RSkyDiver

RSkyDiver Member

I just ordered my M3 Lite but I'm curious what exactly patching does and do I get it right that the DS games don’t need that on my M3?
    Is it possible to transfer saves from my original games to ROMs with that adapter from Code junkies which is able to extract save games?
    I heard about games that can be loaded directly on the onboard memory of the M3 but is this really necessary or can I still play them without any probs right from the microSD?

That’s all for now and thanks!

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The main purpose is to redirect saving to Slot-2, also it removes the RSA signiture, wether this is intended or not i'm not sure.

Unfortunetly the M3 Lite DOES need patching for the games to work, the M3 DS Simply however does not.

Yes, but you need to convert the saves on your computer. If you don't have the adapter don't waste you money, you can download a homebrew applictaion called Rein which allows you to backups gamesaves directly into the M3 format.

It is only necessary for 1 or 2 games, or if you have a slow MicroSD card (check this list to ensure you don't get a slow card)

3. RSkyDiver

RSkyDiver Member

Thanks for the advice that I dont need to buy something extra for the saves. Does that mean that I can remove the passcard after startup and with 1-2 games do you many any specific games?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I can't remember the games, but i think the 42-1 game was one. The games could of been patched to fix this since I last read about it.

It shouldn't matter either way, just means when you play the game on the M3 it takes about 5 seconds longer for the game to start (as the game gets copied from the SD card to the M3s RAM, then started)

5. RSkyDiver

RSkyDiver Member

Thanks and I've got some more questions.
    Can I auto-save with every GBA and DS game and if yes can I also choose the slot like thats the case in emulators?
    What does soft reset mean with M3 and can I use the sleep mode with every DS backup?

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes, just save as you would normally for whatever game you are playing and the save gets automatically backed up onto your SD card when you next turn on the M3 (hence why it has a battery, to keep the save in memory until it is backed up).

not sure what you mean, so i'll give two answers.
    1. If the game has multiple save slots, yes you can use all the save slots available.
    2. If you mean several different save files for a game, it is possible, but i've never done it so don't know how to, I also believe to do it you need to disable the auto-save feature.

Soft reset allows you to press a key combination (L+R+A+B+X+Y) to imediatly quit the game you are playing and return to the M3 menu.

Yes, as long as you have a Pass/NoPass device or original game in slot-1.

7. RSkyDiver

RSkyDiver Member

Thanks!
    With auto-save I mean saving wherever I want (quicksave) like it's the case in emulators instate of using the normal save-points within the game.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  8. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Oh you mean save states, i think the GBA mode might have it, but I have never used it. I know that DS mode however does not.

9. RSkyDiver

RSkyDiver Member

Another question, do Action Replay codes work for GBA games on this?