1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFDSHOW help

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by 2Guido, Nov 27, 2003.

1. 2Guido

2Guido Member

ok guys...go easy on me (1st post)...need help with ffdshow....using theatertek...have downloaded the msvcr.dll, then installed the ffdshow.BUT i cannot find the configuration tab for ffdshow. Its not in the folder or on the taskbar, and there is no icon the desktop for config...Please tell me what i'm doing wrong...thanks

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Hmmm, okay, im not sure what version you have, i have the latest alpha from may i believe. I checked the shortcut, it has this listed as the target: C:\WINNT\system32\rundll32.exe ffdshow.ax,configure
    Try creating a shortcut and putting that command in as the target and see if that works for ya.

3. Superman1

Superman1 Guest

Come someone explain to me how to use ffdshow. Im trying to play Bruce.Almighty.2003.DVDRip.XViD-FTS and i found out the best way to play it was to use ffdshow. The only problem with that is i dont know how to use it. can someone help?

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Hey superman1, install it and windows will automatically use it. Just open your favorite media player and that should do the trick.

5. Superman1

Superman1 Guest

i tried to do that. i installed it and tried using the BS player, Xvid player, real, quicktime, and WMP. They all either did nothing or said they couldnt find the format

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Configureation Settings can be accessed By going to "Start" to "programs" to "FFDshow" to "Configuration" and the Top is were you shoose what formats you want it to Decode...

7. Kingd

Kingd Guest

superman, what version of windows you got, and what version of ffd show did you install?

8. Superman1

Superman1 Guest

windows xp home and version 0.4.6 build 4668