1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File appears upside down and mirrored..

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Rammie, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Rammie

Rammie Guest

I tried to convert an avi to burn to a DVD but when I put it into Nero the "movie" was upside down and mirrored.

If it's any help it says it's an XVID and an Mpeg-4 AVI?

I've tried to use TMPeNc but it doesn't save the audio with the new MPg file

Any help would be appreciated.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I 'm not a Nero user, but I've just a pair of questions for you:

1) do you know that if you save a VCD movie in a DVD it's resolution won't be better than 352x240 (so using SVCD/DVD is 90% a question of room in your library)?

2) Nero makes the same thing that a 'MPEG encoding + splitting + making a disc with that movie' would do. The problem is that sometimes Nero encoder is buggy so using TMPGenc first is bettter (and having a DivX or a Xvid AVI makes no difference).

3) are you able to decode the movie's sound? When tou encode that movie with TMPGenc, the 'audio input' line contains the movie (so it should work) or it's empty (therefore you cannod decode the WAV)? For example, if you open the movie with Virtualdub (Audio__Direct Stream Copy) than you do File__Save WAV you shouldn't be able to listen to the WAV. You could compress the WAV to MP2 with BeSweet + BeSweet GUI (BESweet has good WAV decoders) + you use that MP2 fils as 'audio source' when you use TMPGenc.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  3. Rammie

Rammie Guest

It has been fixed by putting in the AC3 Filter

The questions you pose though make me reflect if Nero encoding is the best..

Thanks and I'll be back