1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

file conversion&burn problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MrRod, Nov 19, 2004.

1. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

I have an avi file that i can't burn to dvd but i can play the file on the pc, i've tried to convert the avi file to mpg2 but any program i use crashes. I tried burning the file with nero but that crashes and re boots itself, tried converting with TMPGenc and that gives an error and closes, tried cucusoft and got the same thing.

It can't be a conflict of programs running as i burnt a different file with the same setup.

So far i have 4 avi files that crash when trying to convert/burn and some files that will burn.

Has anyone had the same problem and fixed it?

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

The avi files you have could be corrupted in some way or incomplete. Did you get any messages to this effect? You can also try DiVX to DVD - this has worked fine for me and works with avi as well as mpeg4 (xVid and DivX files). Download the freebie trial version from here:-
    http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm

3. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

excellent, cheers Discmania, just finished converting an avi file, now i'll try burning to dvd.