1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FILe To BIG!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Col_t, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Col_t

Col_t Guest

Hi I am tryign to burn jackass the movie and i use the dvd shrink and it still says file to big so i was wondering what is the diffrence between

AC3 5.1-ch English 282mb
    AC3 2-ch English 120mb
    AC3 2-ch English 121mb
    AC3 2-ch English 120mb

i was wondering which one i could get rid of and stil be bale to get surround sound

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Col_t,

keep the AC3 5.1 channel

That's your Dolby surround sound stereo.

Now go to your "Extras" then to "Compression" in the "Drop down" choose "Custom Ratio" and slide the compression "slider thingie" all the way to the left. Do that with the "Menus" and if it has "Unreferenced materials", do the same to those. You'll still be able to see everything and it'll give you a bit more room for your movie.
    If you would like, as I do, to get rid of all the extras and trailers thus compressing your movie as little as possible (giving you the very best quality picture), click "Re-author" then, under "Main Movie" select "Title 1" If there are additional choices, look at the time and select the title with the longest time as that is usually the main attraction. "Click" and drag the "Title 1" from the right-hand side of the screen to the left-hand side, under the "DVD Structure" (DVD) and release it there. Additional editing may be done by using the "Start" \ "Finish" controls to the right of the "DVD Compilation" heading on the left-hand side of the Re-author window. Bingo, Bango, you are done editing, giving you the least compression (best quality), backup possible. Now select "Backup" to get ready to finish.

Now there "little Buddy", after all my work to explain that to you, you had better come back and tell me how you made out So's I don't have to go out and hunt you down with my trusty speargun -

Cheers,

Pete

3. Col_t

Col_t Guest

Thanks ! IT worked great , I tried for a whiel before i came to my sences to talk to scuba pete and there yea go .

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Col_t,

Now that you're doing well, that doesn't mean it's time for you to up and Ski-dattle - this is a give and take kind of a deal - we had fun helping you, now, the next time, you get to have some fun yourself :)

It's people like you who make this site work - You've seen how we work and you've seen that we had fun doing it - Now it's your turn, stop back when you're free and help someone else - You'll have fun and, a chance to learn some more, (teaching is a learning experience too you know) the people you help will appreciate it and it will make you feel better :)

Then you'll have a chance to "Welcome" them into our little Club :D

Take a few minutes and check out our opening page. We've got a ton"O"stuff here at aD – Checkout other forums, we have the "Safety Valve" a forum about anything – from "What's bugging you," "Where members come from" OR the best joke you've heard – OR, check out our forums on Digital Camcorders, Photography, Home Theater components, Games, p2p topics or even Cellular phones.

We hope to see you around when you're NOT having problems to solve -

You'll find us hanging out, over there by the water cooler, under the potted palm, chewing the fat and trying to help the next Newbie with the weight of the burning world upon their shoulders -

We'll be lQQking for you -

Pete