1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Files not transfering properly on Zen Vision M

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by raffs, Apr 19, 2007.

1. raffs

raffs Regular member

Hi all, Hope someone can help. I recently purchased a Zen Vision M 60 Gig after my daughter got my Iaudio and decided it may have had similar properties to a rubber ball. ANYWAY I am having problems transferring across files. They seem to end up all over the place.

I am transferring various types of audio - MP WAV etc and various different things music, spoken word, audio books. But they won’t stay in the folders that I had them in. They appear to transfer across in the folders but when I go to open them they are in different places under different names. Some stay within the folder some come under the author and some under the track title.

I am aware the Zen uses ID3 tags to organise the files and folders but I do not understand much about this, also some of the files I m having problems with do not appear to have such tags, ( they do not have any of the info when I check their properties).

Please help as this is really p*ssing me off. Many thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  2. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

1. I recommend you check out epizenter.net for your creative needs.

2. you're in the right directions with your tags or lack there of. I'd recommend tagging your files. I suggest "Mp3tag - the universal Tag editor" from this website under software, it's free and its easy to work.

3. I hear of people also liking media monkey.

3. raffs

raffs Regular member

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to use Media Monkey but still getting the same problems. The files I am trying to bring across are WAV so would MP3TAG work with them? Any idea where I can get an idiot proof guide for using Media Monkey?

Thanks again.

4. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

What program are you using for the transfer?

5. raffs

raffs Regular member

I am using Media Monkey.

6. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

For a guide to MM I won't know, are there any here on AD? I use Winamp myself, great for play back too.