1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

filetopia.exe contains a virus?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by flipmok, Mar 29, 2007.

1. flipmok

flipmok Member

Hi,
    I couldnt find any other threads about this. So here i go with this one:
    when I updated my virusdatabase and started filetopia, my antivirus program alerted me of the virus: win32:Trojan-gen in the filetopia.exe file.
    I then uninstalled it and reintalled filetopia again, and it alerted me again about the virus.
    Its hard to believe that makers of filetopia did this.
    whats going on? can anyone help?

2. Jeebiss

Jeebiss Member

That means that your filetopic program has a virus, nothing you can do except uninstall it...

3. ozne64

ozne64 Guest

i had used filetopia for 2 years now with no problem but like you said my antivirus also thinks it is a troj.so i uninstalled it and redownloaded the lates version and reinstalled it but my antivirus still
    said it was a trojan.so i upploaded the filetopia exe to a site(totalvirus)wher 30 different antiviruses scanned the file an found that about 10 of them said it was a trojan.
    i finally uninstalled the program for good and wrote an email to the tec support of filetopia.i'm not willing to shut my antivirus down just to use filetopia.
    ps:to bad i liked the program