1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FileZilla-client/server- WiiMC

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by redcape, Jan 3, 2011.

1. redcape

redcape Regular member

I have recently downloaded FileZilla. Running WinXP. How do I use this? I think I have done something wrong cause when I hit the quick connect button I get a "connection failed" error. I am not sure what I am doing. You see, this all started cause I installed WiiMC and I clicked on the internet options and I saw something that said connect to FTP server or something like that and now I am stuck. I need some help, please and thank you. I looked up the FileZilla client tutorial and I'm just as lost as I was before I read it. I must have done something wrong cause nothing is working. I've got files on my pc that I want to view through the WiiMC FTP Server. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

it sounds like you need client, judging by your post you grabbed both server/client. install client on windows box. when using filezilla after installation, you will generally need to run configuration set up. which asks some questions you probably dont know the answer to. just go with defaults for the active/fallback, LAN modes (on second thought pay close attention to the lan mode to see if it relates to your situation) if you are on a router and your ip adress is static enter it in the ip address box. if you dont know the adress have filezilla check for you (third option) you need to open some ports on your router (they recommend at least 50) and set the program to use those ports. do all the potential ftp operators a favor though, edit the settings to "0" for timeout, set max number of retries to 4 or 5 and set the delay between failed login attempts about 42 seconds. those settings should work. granted, these instructions are more for accessing net resources, but i have confidence this will get you on the right track... because filezilla was a pain for me at first too.

do you know the adress of the wii box on your lan? no need to post it, but go to your router settings and find the device list and write down the adress, along with the port that the wii server uses.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011