1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

films burnt on optorite will not play on other drives

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 49Flavas, Dec 4, 2003.

1. 49Flavas

49Flavas Member

Thanks to the board I am now getting my data discs to read on other drives (leave session open) but films that I have burnt off will play on my stand alone dvd player and from the optorite drive but not on any other dvd-rom. I have tried Nero6, My DVD and Recorder Gold5 but no joy. I also tried burning as an open data disc (don't laugh i am running out of ideas and blanks) please help

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi 49flavas,
    So you can get your movie to play everywhere but other computer DVD-ROMs? First I would suggest some RW type media so you quit wasting your money. (1 or 2 will do) What type of media players are these other DVD ROMs associated with? I need more details please. What are these films you have burnt off...backups? (you can make your posts as long as you like). :D

Frank

3. 49Flavas

49Flavas Member

Hi, The films are both back ups and my own mastered on Premiere 6.5 and autored on MyDVD. I am useing Bulkpaq Orange 4x DVD-R, the drive is an Optrite DD0203 firmware 2.06 the media player is WinDVD but the disk never gets past the boot stage i.e. drive never stops flashing windows explorer will not open a window to read contents of drive. I have to eject the media to get it to stop. An other thread highlighted that closed disks could not be read in other computers, I am asuming that this is related but I don't know have to do a open disk Movie disk. Do I need to use Session at once option when I burn?