1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fils format MPC ?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by fkill, Sep 26, 2002.

1. fkill

fkill Member

Hi,

I have just dl'ed some -musical - files with the format .mpc. I am working with winxp, sonique/winamp. None of my players will read the mpc format.

In the name of the file, there is a EAC_MPC_Insane. I tried orbis : no result.
    I tried mpc, but the decoder won't load (broken link).

Well, anybody knows how to decode those files ?

thank you in advance.

Fkill

2. markusk

markusk Regular member

Hello!

There is a Winamp plugin and a wav-decoder at Case's page here : http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/mpc

Check the top of the page for links to relevating sections.

These are the newest versions:
    Winamp 2.xx plugin: 0.97f
    Win32 encoder: mppenc 1.11b (1.11 is the official but 1.11b has some quality improvements and is considered safe)
    Win32 decoder: mppdec 1.93c14

Check also Speek's page here: http://home.wanadoo.nl/~w.speek/speek.htm
    His MPC Batch Encoder -frontend acts as a good graphical interface for the encoder and decoder.

Files produced by the mpc-encoder are considered to have superior sound quality over any other lossy format (mp3, ogg, aac,...) concerning mid to high bitrates. This means that mpc produces great results with bitrates of 160 kbps minimum (the standard -encoding profile produces files around these bitrates). Encoding artifacts are very hard to find.

Markus

3. fkill

fkill Member

thank you Markus for your fast and comple answer.

Fkill